a3 2.0tdi s-line

vinceemmery

Reaction score
hi just bought a 54 plate 2.0tdi s-line after owning a gti turbo for a couple of years ,the dsg is lovely but it has the 18 inch (rs6 i think )sportline wheels on question is that it seems to be really noisy like there is road noise off the tyres any one else notice this

i have a 170 with 18s and yes there is a bit of road noise.....no one can hear me on the phone over 70!

look good tho.

ive just had 18" rs6 alloys put on mine (originals were 17's)
and there is a very noticeable difference

turn the music up! :p

you will get louder road noise as standard with bigger lower profile tyres

thanks guys put my mind at rest another q i have the concert (single din) how har will it be to retrofit the rns e dvd sat nav

The noise can also be tyre specific with some brands being better than others, alot of Audi's are shod with Conti's which though grippy are fairly noisy, I'm a fan of Goodyear GSD 111 but these have now been replaced with a new updated version so at replacement time unsure what to go for.

Welcome to the forum.

vinceemmery said:
thanks guys put my mind at rest another q i have the concert (single din) how har will it be to retrofit the rns e dvd sat nav

First off, welcome to the forum.

It's not that difficult but it is not a job if you are faint hearted as the changing from single to double din requires a fair bit of dismantelling.

I did mine myself and it took about 4 hours if I remember correctly.

By far the most difficult bit for me was swapping the cages. The bit I was most worried about was the trimming of the climate control panel, but that was actualy quite easy.

There is a complete how to do this here.
http://forums.audiworld.com/a3/msgs/63879.phtml

Hope that helps.

cool post thanks so much bit tehnical but i think ill have a bash thank you so much