The S3 is here!

rxt80

top gear
Reaction score
After 3 months waiting, it's finally here! Picked up the S3 today and although I was inconsolable for all of 5 minutes for handing back my lovely A3......I have a big grin on my face now! :)

It hasn't stopped raining all day so apologies for the bad pics! Its being detailed in 3 weeks so will post up some better pics then!

S3Front2.jpg

S3Side.jpg

S3Front.jpg

S3Back.jpg

S3Inside1.jpg

S3Insiderear.jpg

:hubbahubba: very nice! Bet your always finding an excuse to drive somewhere now lol!

With the no-smoking pack do you not get a place to plug in your phone charger or accessory?

tris88 said:
With the no-smoking pack do you not get a place to plug in your phone charger or accessory?

Look by the handbrake under the little flap there is a 12V socket. just needs to be run in now :D

rxt80 said:
Look by the handbrake under the little flap there is a 12V socket. just needs to be run in now :D

Ahh I see. What approach are you going with on the running in then ?

Just not going to Red line it, other than that not push it too hard for the first 300 miles. When do they start to loosen up?

beautiful colour mate - at least no one will mistake you for an s-line like they do with mine as you have a 's' specific colour

Congrats!, it's beautiful! :) I do like the seats too, but still think you should have gone with the buckets! ;-)

siu00adg said:
Congrats!, it's beautiful! :) I do like the seats too, but still think you should have gone with the buckets! ;-)

Thanks! Might get bucket seats next time... :)

I have to say I absolutely love it already....although the low down power keeps catching me out (still have my diesel head on!)....

Nice car and choice of bits! Buckets do look good aswell, next time ey.

Like the attitude to running it in, I say get the 300 miles on sharpish, then drive it like it should.

Nice Scooby too!

mattfinn said:
Nice car and choice of bits! Buckets do look good aswell, next time ey.

Like the attitude to running it in, I say get the 300 miles on sharpish, then drive it like it should.

Nice Scooby too!

Thanks! That's the husbands car now that I have the S3...!:sly:

rxt80 said:
Thanks! That's the husbands car now that I have the S3...!:sly:

Scoob is mine :D and now its about 400bhp It makes the S3 feel a bit slow ;) still very nice car to drive, Totally different than the other one.

Power_Junkie said:
Scoob is mine :D and now its about 400bhp It makes the S3 feel a bit slow ;) still very nice car to drive, Totally different than the other one.

SLOW! Pah! I'd give you a run for your money! :p

rxt80 said:
SLOW! Pah! I'd give you a run for your money! :p

Lol Even on low boost setting you would be long gone ;) 0-60 in less than 4 seconds is quite quick (Brisk as Said by Andy F)

Power_Junkie said:
Lol Even on low boost setting you would be long gone ;) 0-60 in less than 4 seconds is quite quick (Brisk as Said by Andy F)

I'd still beat you as I would steal your Scooby keys before going off in the S3! ha!:sly:

Now now children, neither will be quicker on a public road as we all have to abide by speed limits ;)

tris88 said:
Now now children, neither will be quicker on a public road as we all have to abide by speed limits ;)

Yes, absolutely......of course. And lets face it....he is more likely to get pulled over by the police for driving (what could be considered) a "chav car" than me in my respectible S3. :w00t:

:p

tris88 said:

Very true :)
but when you have one like this its fine, (look at the sign ;))
ScoobyPrivateRoad.jpg

ooh another sprint blue one :lazy:

Only jesting - lovely motor - enjoy!

With regards to running in i just :asskicking: mine from the off (but didn't bounce it off the rev limiter), doesn't seem to have done it any harm.

Power_Junkie said:
Very true :)
but when you have one like this its fine, (look at the sign ;))
ScoobyPrivateRoad.jpg

That looks like a sweet drive home

S3Didge said:
ooh another sprint blue one

Sorry to tell you but I have one on order in sprint blue too! At least I know I won't have any difficulties finding a buyer :rockwoot:

very nice mate... enjoy it...
nice scooby too. :icon_thumright:

Less time on the cars, get the lawn sorted out.
You're only a mattress away from a council garden there, for gowd's sake.
;-)

bowfer said:
;-)

.....blame my husband.......that's his job....! Too much time spent tinkering with the Scooby me thinks...! :asskicking:

bowfer said:
;-)
They all look like that :) out front.
you should have seen it when they first put it down, it was shocking.
Anyway much more fun playing with the cars than the garden.

Whats the red dot near the light switch ?