Stone chips - headlight protectors

Wilkinson

Geordie
Reaction score
I've got a nice star chip in my nearside headlight which I hope is repairable. Has anyone got any experience of repairing a headlight rather than a screen and where did you get a kit from ? Will someone like Autoglass do it?
Also has anyone got any experience of Audi's Headlight protectors and bumber protection film?
Thanks Guys
Rob
2006 2.0 tfsi Sportback

I have a set of Audi headlight protectors which I use on my previous A3 but I must admit I have not fitted them to my current car. But the headlight lenses on my current A3 are plastic and not glass. I have Bi-Xenon headlights but I'm not sure if the lenses are any different for this type of headlight.

I have some on my S3 and they are excellent, have a search of my previous posts and there is a topic on them with some pics I posted.

Wilkinson said:
I've got a nice star chip in my nearside headlight which I hope is repairable. Has anyone got any experience of repairing a headlight rather than a screen and where did you get a kit from ? Will someone like Autoglass do it?
Also has anyone got any experience of Audi's Headlight protectors and bumber protection film?
Thanks Guys
Rob
2006 2.0 tfsi Sportback

Assuming its not a Xenon headlight, A3 headlights are for sale on Ebay quite often for peanuts, sometimes about £25....

Hi there

i do headlight refurbishments .

there are a lot of products out there and trust me none of them work as advertised . its a delicate process .
if you are interested we fix headlights to mint condition . just send me an e-mail.