S3 owners: How often do you scrape your bottoms.....

never on a bump, but as per my recent post, I scraped the underside of the splitter on a very steep drive way.

Curiosity really. I often see great gouges out of the humps and just wondered if s3s had any problem with them. I saw on another thread that sportlines were lower than se and s3 were lower than sportbacks etc. Some of the humps in my local Homebase car park are about 5 inches high and present a major obstacle to mine let alone lower ones.

My sportback S-line cn sometimes leave metal on speedbumps, especially when loaded.
Gives you a helluva scare.
I have two choices really.
Avoid that route, or take them very slowly.
Which is the idea, after all...........
****** me off when I see 4x4 drivers flying over them, TBH.

One thing I miss about my Citroen HDI - coming off a ferry etc I just moved the lever to the high position and the car body lifted itself another 4 inches higher avoiding all obstacles.

Twizzler said:
One thing I miss about my Citroen HDI - coming off a ferry etc I just moved the lever to the high position and the car body lifted itself another 4 inches higher avoiding all obstacles.

I heard/read Citroen are sacking that suspension though?

I don't have any info on that. Its evolved thru many incarnations over the years and provided the car is looked after is very reliable and extremely comfortable. I bought the SE because it's the most comfy of the A3 range. But, even this is like driving a park bench compared to the Citroen.

I'm sure I read it's a cost thing.
Citroen reckon modern, but conventional, suspension can be made just as comfy, cheaper.

I'm sure your correct re cost. There were metal pipes running in every direction in the engine bay and under the car. Must have increased the build time considerably.

The French, in general, seem to know a thing or two about suspension.
They seem to be able to combine ride quality with handling really well.
I've driven umpteen Renaults and Peugeots that have had a comfy ride, but without being wobbly on corners.
My S-line has an awful ride, it really does.
Terrible rebound damping means my head 'pings' towards the headlining after every bump/dip.
If I had hair, it would be ruined.
At the risk of being accused of banging on about my new car, the ride is definitely better, but without compromising handling.
Despite 265/30 tyres on 19" rims...

Back to the thread..... ;)
No scrapes for me either, it's certainly not as low as the 8L version.

Nor me and Iv'e just had mine lowered today and been over some bumps with no scraping..