Few questions before purchasing

boggysv

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm interested in the S3, and should be placing my deposit anyday soon. A few questions first though.

1) If I do not choose the audi symphony system, I'll end up with a double din Concert III, is it correct? Retrofitting the rns-e should be as easy as plug&play plus some vag-com coding?

2) If I do not choose either an ipod adapter or cd changer, will there be a wiring harness installed incase I decide otherwise later?

(I'm still undecided between retrofitting the rns-e + changer, or going aftermarket for the sound system)

3) Anyone who has recently placed an order, did you get any discount/freebie? How long was your lead time?

Thanks in advance.

boggysv said:
Hello,

I'm interested in the S3, and should be placing my deposit anyday soon. A few questions first though.

1) If I do not choose the audi symphony system, I'll end up with a double din Concert III, is it correct? Retrofitting the rns-e should be as easy as plug&play plus some vag-com coding?

2) If I do not choose either an ipod adapter or cd changer, will there be a wiring harness installed incase I decide otherwise later?
(I'm still undecided between retrofitting the rns-e + changer, or going aftermarket for the sound system)

3) Anyone who has recently placed an order, did you get any discount/freebie? How long was your lead time?

Thanks in advance.
1) Yes the Concert II+ is double din and the RNS-E is a straight swap. The Generation II+ head units are all Quadlock (the same as the RNS-E). I installed the RNS-E last week, replacing my Symphony II+ and didn't actually need any VAGCOM recoding.

2) No, you do not get the wiring harness if you do not order a CD changer or iPod adapter. The harness can be purchased from your local steeler for £39 + VAT.

3) Build time is normally 12-14 weeks, unless your dealer has used up their allocation for the month\quarter in which case you will have to wait until they get their next allocation of build slots.

Always worth asking for discount and\or freebies. I got about 9% discount on my current car along with full set of mats, full tank of fuel and a first aid kit. Had to ask for the discount, but the freebies were thrown in anyway.

With regards to discount and freebies:

S3 comes with mats - if yours doesn't have a word with the dealer they should have fitted them and I believe they are unique to the S3 (they have white piping round the edge)

Always push for a full tank of fuel - that can come off the sales mans fuel card and makes no impact on the cash deal agreed.

As for discount - I got 3% on mine when I ordered it last November - I believe it was one of the first on the forums with a discount.
By now I'd expect 5% maybe even 6% is easy. A lot of dealers seem to have a habit of saying "no discount on S/RS or TT models" but that's a load of rubbish. There will be a dealer somewhere who needs to hit his quota so don't be afriad to call round as many dealers as you need to in order to get the deal you want. I'm based in London and my car came from Gloucester (Parkland Audi), they delivered the car in the back of a lorry and we're incredibly helpful.

Try using a website to find deal prices:
http://www.carspecs.co.uk/n_car_Opt...=4&curpage=1&Sortno=4&crecno=38&type=2&pstst=

This one has an S3 for £24,462 - or around 8% off i think.

Good luck!

I had 9,5%. Have few Audi in family before, thats why I had a dealer and general country inporter discount. It was like 6% from dealer and the rest from general importer. I've paid 160k PLN that is 28571 GBP for S3 with all the extras without Navi only.

If you read the small print on the pricing brochure the delivery cost ie plates transport etc and vat INCLUDES a full tank of fuel!!

So we are paying for it anyway!

half a tank is what my brochure says..........

bit I'll try it anyway! PS got just over 9%, that's £2000 on the basic SE 140TDi Sportback price but no discount on the extras for January delivery

Done the deal today. Let the sleepless nights begin :)

expected mid-late january.

Got it from Finchley Road Audi. Around 5.5% off rrp if you count from top down.

Our dealer charged us full price and was thinking of taking my shirt and any vital organs that I may not be guarding. He maintained they NEVER discounted S or RS cars.

Argghghhgh!1!!!!!

I cant stand waiting anymore. delivery is due mid/late january. Any tips to help this period pass faster?

(p.s. insurance is blinking espensive for me since i have a international license :( )