Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
    3rd Gear

Status

Few questions before purchasing

Hello,

I'm interested in the S3, and should be placing my deposit anyday soon. A few questions first though.

1) If I do not choose the audi symphony system, I'll end up with a double din Concert III, is it correct? Retrofitting the rns-e should be as easy as plug&play plus some vag-com coding?

2) If I do not choose either an ipod adapter or cd changer, will there be a wiring harness installed incase I decide otherwise later?

(I'm still undecided between retrofitting the rns-e + changer, or going aftermarket for the sound system)

3) Anyone who has recently placed an order, did you get any discount/freebie? How long was your lead time?

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boggysv
    Hello,

I'm interested in the S3, and should be placing my deposit anyday soon. A few questions first though.

1) If I do not choose the audi symphony system, I'll end up with a double din Concert III, is it correct? Retrofitting the rns-e should be as easy as plug&play plus some vag-com coding?

2) If I do not choose either an ipod adapter or cd changer, will there be a wiring harness installed incase I decide otherwise later?
    (I'm still undecided between retrofitting the rns-e + changer, or going aftermarket for the sound system)

3) Anyone who has recently placed an order, did you get any discount/freebie? How long was your lead time?

Thanks in advance.
    1) Yes the Concert II+ is double din and the RNS-E is a straight swap. The Generation II+ head units are all Quadlock (the same as the RNS-E). I installed the RNS-E last week, replacing my Symphony II+ and didn't actually need any VAGCOM recoding.

2) No, you do not get the wiring harness if you do not order a CD changer or iPod adapter. The harness can be purchased from your local steeler for 39 + VAT.

3) Build time is normally 12-14 weeks, unless your dealer has used up their allocation for the month\quarter in which case you will have to wait until they get their next allocation of build slots.

Always worth asking for discount and\or freebies. I got about 9% discount on my current car along with full set of mats, full tank of fuel and a first aid kit. Had to ask for the discount, but the freebies were thrown in anyway.

jamiekip
    With regards to discount and freebies:

S3 comes with mats - if yours doesn't have a word with the dealer they should have fitted them and I believe they are unique to the S3 (they have white piping round the edge)

Always push for a full tank of fuel - that can come off the sales mans fuel card and makes no impact on the cash deal agreed.

As for discount - I got 3% on mine when I ordered it last November - I believe it was one of the first on the forums with a discount.
    By now I'd expect 5% maybe even 6% is easy. A lot of dealers seem to have a habit of saying "no discount on S/RS or TT models" but that's a load of rubbish. There will be a dealer somewhere who needs to hit his quota so don't be afriad to call round as many dealers as you need to in order to get the deal you want. I'm based in London and my car came from Gloucester (Parkland Audi), they delivered the car in the back of a lorry and we're incredibly helpful.

Try using a website to find deal prices:
    http://www.carspecs.co.uk/n_car_Opti...&type=2&pstst=

This one has an S3 for 24,462 - or around 8% off i think.

Good luck!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I had 9,5%. Have few Audi in family before, thats why I had a dealer and general country inporter discount. It was like 6% from dealer and the rest from general importer. I've paid 160k PLN that is 28571 GBP for S3 with all the extras without Navi only.
    2007 S3, bucket seats, flat bottom steering wheel, bose, sunroof, plus all the extras, RNS-E soon retrofited with bluetooth, next year - remap plus turbo back exhaust, haldex upgrade for sure.

6th Gear

Status
    If you read the small print on the pricing brochure the delivery cost ie plates transport etc and vat INCLUDES a full tank of fuel!!

So we are paying for it anyway!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

1st Gear

Status
    half a tank is what my brochure says..........

bit I'll try it anyway! PS got just over 9%, that's 2000 on the basic SE 140TDi Sportback price but no discount on the extras for January delivery

3rd Gear

Status
    Done the deal today. Let the sleepless nights begin

expected mid-late january.

Up the owls!

Status
    What deal did you get, and where from?
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

3rd Gear

Status
    Got it from Finchley Road Audi. Around 5.5% off rrp if you count from top down.

Status
    Our dealer charged us full price and was thinking of taking my shirt and any vital organs that I may not be guarding. He maintained they NEVER discounted S or RS cars.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

3rd Gear

Status
    Argghghhgh!1!!!!!

I cant stand waiting anymore. delivery is due mid/late january. Any tips to help this period pass faster?

(p.s. insurance is blinking espensive for me since i have a international license )