AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

Question Checking Engine oil with engine running?

Hey guys, this might sound like a stupid question but I'm not sure so I'm going to ask anyway =P. Right so I came to check the engine oil level today and it was bang on the max mark. Then I switched te engine on to see if the level will change, and it did. With the engine running it shows that I've got no oil. Now I'm guessing this is normal right? as the oil is being circulated around the engine right? lol just need some clarification
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Defratos
    Hey guys, this might sound like a stupid question but I'm not sure so I'm going to ask anyway =P. Right so I came to check the engine oil level today and it was bang on the max mark. Then I switched te engine on to see if the level will change, and it did. With the engine running it shows that I've got no oil. Now I'm guessing this is normal right? as the oil is being circulated around the engine right? lol just need some clarification
    you should check oil on a cold engine or about 10 - 15 minutes after switching off, never on a running engine

Neutral

Status
    Similar topic being discussed here:

Engine temp for checking oil level?
    FOR SALE IN THE "FOR SALE" SECTION!
    2005/05 A3 3.2 Sport Quattro
    -Avus, S-line, 1/2 leather, sat-nav, cruise, 18" RS6's, BOSE, Symphony, ambient-lighting, Audi front spoiler, Xenon's, black cloth headling, phone-prep. ABT front grill to go on the car. Ł15750ono

Need a dog walker in Sussex?
    www.FetchandFuss.co.uk

6th Gear

Status
    Defratos, im almost in disbelief that u've asked this - even for u lol
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rodenal
    Defratos, im almost in disbelief that u've asked this - even for u lol
    lol I know man, but it's been naging me for a few weeks and never got around to searching forthe answer so I thought might as well just ask a simple question lol
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

6th Gear

Status
    Lol, at least you aint afraid to ask, how else do people learn!
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

Sylar

Status
    Whie we are discussing this subject, how often should you check the oil level on a 2.0 TDI 2006 A3. when iv asked around iv got diffeent answers.

as iv just got the car what wold everyones reccommendation be?

cheers
    Fez ----Audi A3 SE 2.0TDi --- MOBILE OFFICE ---

2nd Gear

Status
    fesss, Some on here would say about every 5 miles. I think you should check it very regularly to begin with and once you learn its characteristics adjust the interval accordingly. Some cars seem to drink the stuff others don't use any. Mines done 1200 miles and hasn't budged on the stick yet
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S Line 184 Quattro S-Tronic, Mar. 2014 Glacier white. Electric seats, sunroof, se suspension, heated folding mirrors, Reversing camera, Nappa leather, TPMS, Hold assist, Xenon plus adaptive lights with variable active range control, lane assist, Interior light pack, Technology pack, Comfort pack with ACC, park assist & parking system plus