Misleading Leather Colour

micalee

Reaction score
When ordering my S3, choosing the seats seemed pretty easy. looking at many dealerships, all the seats i saw seemed to have white inserts. I looked on the configourator and decided on the Two Tone Silver Leather, as in this picture:

TwotoneLeather.jpg

when I picked up the car, I shook my head, as The seats looked white! I argued that i had ordered the Silver inserts and showed the dealer on the website. He agreed they looked very different and went off to get some fabric samples.

I indeed came back with the white and silver ones and we both agreed they were very different. We went out to the car, held the silver sample on the seat and they were exactly the same colour and the white ones looked clearly white in comparison to my seats!

How odd I thought. To cut a long story short, I agreed that Audi got it right and it was some what of an illusion!

They look darker in the dark, but never look as silver as the picture does.

All I warn is, check in person the colours you want, even paint as the website can be misleading.

You should never rely on an internet picture as the colours can be determined by the settings on your monitor let alone dodgy protography or colour rendition

jasaudi said:
You should never rely on an internet picture as the colours can be determined by the settings on your monitor let alone dodgy protography or colour rendition

Agreed!

I think they look good in white. Silver would look tacky

They look great but can understand why you'd be slighly upset when expecting Grey/Silver.

Its a shame they don't do a silver grey as I think this would look excellent and match the stitching on the handbrake. I recently had my centre rest recovered in the same black nappa but had a double seam added in matching stitch it looks awesome, subtle but different - long term I may have the silver/grey added for that Audi exclusive look, I was quoted £600 inc for the work so don't be disheartened if you get fed up of white you can have a change :)

I know that have to check the colours from experience, many years ago order an MX-5 with leather interior, I presumed it would be a black leather (all the pics looked black), but when it arrived it was a dark charcoal grey leather. Didnt make that much differance to be honest but as was expecting a black interior was a bit dissapointing.

Richard