S3 Rev limit

julians

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the rev limit is on a standard S3?

When I had a test drive it didnt cut in despite me revving it into the red zone on the rev counter, In every other car I've had the rev limiter cuts in at exactly the red line on the rev counter.

nobody knows?

Someone out there must have bounced it off the limiter??

I couldn't say as standard, but I once, and by mistake an the car to about 7,500rpm and got no bounce back. Wouldn't knowingly push it that far or any further.

Cheers for the info.

Maybe it doesnt actually have a limiter? Cant believe that in this day and age.

It does have a limiter. Cant remember where the red line starts, but it is inside that by about 500rpm at a guess

I'll have a look on the way home, traffic and plod permitting !:)

For those bad boys who have pushed the limits :faint:, does the ECU back the throttle off a little or just fix the revs at 7600 no matter how far you push the peddle?

JohnS3 said:
For those bad boys who have pushed the limits :faint:, does the ECU back the throttle off a little or just fix the revs at 7600 no matter how far you push the peddle?
it'll bounce off it, like in all cars.
100% throttle cut, then when the revs drop again it applies more gas provided you're still pressing the accelerator

What about the speed limiter? I've pushed my S3 on the motorway up to 266km/h and it was still accelarating. I've read a S3 test in a magazine and they showed the difference between GPS speed and what the car showes. The real max was 251km/h and the speedo showed 263. I think I could go faster with my car. My friend told me that he drove 275km/h, the same as on one of the s3 vids on youtube. How that works with your cars?

S3 8P S tronic 150mph and it popped as if it wanted to go faster, I bottled it

I'm assuming all of this was done on a private test track :D

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
160mph on a stage 1 S3, that's what the clock showed not saying it was actually doing that. An I only realised when I looked at the clock i soon slowed the car down as I wouldn't knowingly or purposely do that speed. If I remember it was at about 6.5k revs at that point.