A couple of questions..

MatLamont

Reaction score
Ok soon i will be doing major mods to my A3, its a 2.0 FSI SPORT. 19" Rims, coilovers, anti-rollbars and adjustable rear tie bars.

I want to know if you can have staggered wheels on the A3? If so does anyone know what it looks like?
Heres a link to the wheels. http://wheelstudio.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=12357&staggered_id=12356&vehicle_make=Audi&vehicle_model=A3%20%3E%202006-&t1=235-35r19&t2=&t3=&tr1=265-30r19&tr2=&tr3=&staggered=yes

For coilovers i was looking at the FK High-Sport Kit, theyr a reasonable price but are they any good? Im not sure how low to go because we have humps around here (who doesnt?) and i want it as comfortable as possible so im thinking maybe 25-30 mill? theres two types and im not sure which ones i need. Some help there would b appriciated.
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/category_results.mhtml?category=fkhighsportcoiloverkits&car=audia3&manufacturer=fksuspension&sub_category=1

For anti-rollbars i was looking at the H&R Kit but again theres different ones call me dull i know :think:but if someone knows which ones i need would b gr8 :)
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/category_results.mhtml?category=hrantirollbarkits&car=audia3&manufacturer=hr&sub_category=1

Thanks 4 any input :thumbsup:

I dont think you will benefit much from the antiroll bars to be honest - the coils will stiffen the car up enough plus if you are going for 19s you will not be taking the corners like you would with 17s or something

i have fk highsports lowered between 35-45mm all round, i cant remember, on 19" wheels

you will need to measure your bolt spacing behind the brake disk to decide which coilover to get - hector a3 off the site had this problem but got it sorted in the end

staggard rims will work as long as you have the right offset of wheel and no more wide than 8.5"

Thanks for the info! Nice to know i wont have to fork out all that dosh on anti-roll bars!

The rear wheels are 9.5" so is it not possible? (please forgive my lack of knowledge)

9.5 should fit with the right offset - there's loads more room at the back than there is at the front. 9.5 will not fit at the front!!

instead of the FK High Sports, go for FK Silverlines or Silverline X's. Same Coilovers but made of stainless steel, so you won't get really bad oxidisation after 2-3 months of great British weather!!! For the extra £40-50 it is definitely worth it!!

The highsports do have SS and have been in my car since April which are still perfect! - and im in Northern Ireland so my weather is worse :p

they are perfect for what they do but if you can justify the extra money for konigsports, silverline or silverline x - go for it! the silverlines are more the £50 more they are nearer £150 more

Don't listen to anyone about KW coilovers - they basically are FK's, just more pricey!

Ok iv just had a conversation with the guy from bling rims hes gunna find out exactly what i need to fit staggered rims and looking at the Axis range of alloys makes want want want !:hubbahubba:

Thanks Boydie for that imput i got it sorted now, il leave the anti roll bars for now at least.

Il keep u posted....

Does anyone here know what the offset would need to be for 9.5" wheels on the rear?

N8KOW said:
I'm getting Anti-Roll Bars, Bilstein Coilovers, and tie bars (can't find any for 8P A3) for my car when it arrives.

The only place i know is the guy on here from DPM pricey though for what they are...