Just me or not? Other cars/xenons!

si_reading

Reaction score
Website
simonreading.me.uk
For other 8P owners with Xenons do you get quite a few people flashing you as if you've got your main beam on?

Happened three times to me today! It's not like I could direct them down more or anything as they auto-level.

Si

Occasionally get this too to the point where I carried out a test to see if I need to get them adjusted, but they seemed fine. I sometimes wonder if when they are dirty the refract the light and can generate more glare for people coming towards you????
No science in that theory - just a thought!

They are quite blue/bright so its mainly people that dont have xenons on their car so i think they are just not used to them.

jam s3 is right, i had people flash me so i had mine checked out...aim and height is fine, think ppl who drive past close just think u have main beams on coz there bright

In the three years I've been running my Sportback I've been flashed about half a dozen times, no more.

Xenons seem to cast a spell over some drivers though. Often, when charging along a dual carriageway, people in front will pull in to the nearside lane as you're coming - they must think it's the police!

benw123 said:
Often, when charging along a dual carriageway, people in front will pull in to the nearside lane as you're coming - they must think it's the police!

I quite like that particular feature about xenons though! :)

Me too, usually when going over bumps. Now I leave them on full beam until the last possible second so the on coming traffic see the difference when I dip them! I get less flashes now.

I had two cars flash me last night in the space of thirty yards then further up the road our luverly Police force had a speed trap set up which was nice

I flash them full beam regardless and it scares the crap out of them! **** heads!

siu00adg said:
Me too, usually when going over bumps. Now I leave them on full beam until the last possible second so the on coming traffic see the difference when I dip them! I get less flashes now.
That's a good idea! Will remember that next time.