Drinks holder in dash

Bluevortex

Reaction score
Fellow A3 owners

I have a 2.0TDi Quattro S Line and when i was at the dealers one of the cars i test drove had a pop out drinks holder located under the stereo. Nice touch i thought as i often have a bottle of water in the car. When i got the car it had a rubbish money holder tray type thing? Where is the drinks holder? I since found my way onto VAG parts and bought it from them. Great. I recieve it today and although it fits perfectly into the dash the flippin trim isn't wide enough to accomadate it. Has any tried this? I reckon its about 0.5cm too small. I want to know has anybody ever modded the dash trim or drinks holder to fit? I really want to use it. Im scared of ruining the trim trying though - do you reckon you can get a replacement from Audi should that happen? As you may have gathered this drinks holder is important to me.

Cheers Blue

Do you not have a drinks holder under the slidy flap behind the handbrake?

the cup holder is only a replacement for the coin tray on single din models. the double din is slightly smaller.

i think i heard somebody before saying that they were able to take the face off the original coin tray and put it on the cup holder tomake it fit.

Jam,
the only problem with the cup holder under the slidy flap thing is that when if you have the armrest installed it becomes unusable with something in the cup holder

MarcQuinlivan said:
Jam,
the only problem with the cup holder under the slidy flap thing is that when if you have the armrest installed it becomes unusable with something in the cup holder

I know, thats why i never use mine and balance my drink between my lap!!

Just was thinking if he was really desperate for one then he would not be bothered with the armrest if he has one!

can you not just buy the cup holder as a direct replacement??

log onto vagparts.com and become a member, once you get your member number phone them and say you are an audisport member and recieve a 10% discount

they sell the cup holder - other than that check ebay for it

Boydie said:
can you not just buy the cup holder as a direct replacement??

log onto vagparts.com and become a member, once you get your member number phone them and say you are an audisport member and recieve a 10% discount

they sell the cup holder - other than that check ebay for it

Thats what i thought. It does fit as a direct replacement to the normal tray and slides in and out correctly, however, it appears to be the size of the original trim around the dials and holders is too small (i.e. the hole in which the front of the drinks holder needs to pass through) Difficult to explain without seeing for yourself.

kanievsky said:

Thanks for the link but it doesn't really answer my question. I can get the drinks holder installed into the dash, thats easy. Its when you put the facia trim back on the mould of the plastic where the drinks holder passes when in use is too small - I wondered if anybody on this forum had bought one and modded it to fit. Maybe will put some pictures on to show what i mean when i get a chance.