Badger5Sky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

'Dirty' Xenons, A3 8P xenon owners i need a favour please..

Hiya fellas...

I've got a bit of an annoying problem with the Bi-xenons on my 06 car and was wondering if anyone else with xenons could check theirs to see if they have anything similiar please

Problem is this, i've noticed an ever increasing collection of dust/spots appearing on the inside of the headlight lens that is shown up by the headlamp beam and it seems to 'diffuse' the beam to a certain extent, also there are what appear to be fingerprints and smudging on the surface of the projector globe of the xenon unit

Anyone else have a similiar problem or have ze joymans only fingered my headlights...

TIA
    Steve

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Sorry mate seems you are unlucky mine are spotless, get the dealer to take a look.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

5th Gear

Status
    i've noticed dust on the inside of the lesn when the lights are on but i assume this to be normal to be honest - dust does get everywhere, and strong light always shows the tiniest particles of dust up

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Beddie
    Hiya fellas...

I've got a bit of an annoying problem with the Bi-xenons on my 06 car and was wondering if anyone else with xenons could check theirs to see if they have anything similiar please

Problem is this, i've noticed an ever increasing collection of dust/spots appearing on the inside of the headlight lens that is shown up by the headlamp beam and it seems to 'diffuse' the beam to a certain extent, also there are what appear to be fingerprints and smudging on the surface of the projector globe of the xenon unit

Anyone else have a similiar problem or have ze joymans only fingered my headlights...

TIA
    Steve
    It's your own fault buying those cheap Ebay Xenons

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by curley
    It's your own fault buying those cheap Ebay Xenons
    Don't you start Halogen boy....