rs6 wheels

kev_a3

Reaction score
what rs6 style wheels do you recommend fitting

a3 offset 54
a4 offset 43 both sets cost the same!

may sound an obvious question but im led to believe the a4 wheels will stick out 11mm further....thus filling arch more

however the a3 wheels are the correct fitment

will either choice make much difference to the look of the car as its sitting on 17" star alloys at present-standard sport suspension.

cheers guys:think:

I think the A4 ones will stick out too far, spoiling the look of the car.

eg. boy racer corsa with any big wheels. ;)

I've got the RS6 wheels on my A3 in an ET43 (off the A4) lowered on 30mm eibach springs and there is no problem whatsoever. And it sure does make a difference in terms of looks, fills the arches a hell of a lot more!

I hate the boy racer look, just wanted it to look subtle, and it works i';m sure you'll agree:

DSC01909.jpg

I'm still getting confused with the ET stuff. Does the ET signify how wide it is?

WheelOffset.jpg

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Should explain everything.

ET is the offset of the wheel.
It is the distance in mm from the center of the rims width to the rear face of the face that meets the hub. Therefore the bigger the offset (ET) the further away from the hub.

On second thoughts probably best to look at the site as I'm crap at explaining stuff like this. :)

Higher offset means that you can if required use spacers to move the wheel out to fill the arches or if it rubs on the suspension leg, lower offset means that if it rubs the bodywork your are stuck with either modifying the bodywork or replacing the wheels

well thought id update you all.....thanks for your opinions,albeit different.

bought rs6 style et43 today....what a mistake
tdi-line hit the nail on the head....boy racer look
so wheels will be removed tommorrow....doh!

on lookout for et54 now... lol

rs6 replica wheels for sale et 43 8j 112pcd offers anyone??

kev_a3 said:
well thought id update you all.....thanks for your opinions,albeit different.

bought rs6 style et43 today....what a mistake
tdi-line hit the nail on the head....boy racer look
so wheels will be removed tommorrow....doh!

on lookout for et54 now... lol

rs6 replica wheels for sale et 43 8j 112pcd offers anyone??

I dunno how you can think that?? They are the same as the ET54 ones but fill the arches more, making the car look much nicer! God knows I hate the boy racer look but there is nothing wrong with ET43!! Still, it's your opinion!!:)

sat1983 said:
I dunno how you can think that?? They are the same as the ET54 ones but fill the arches more, making the car look much nicer! God knows I hate the boy racer look but there is nothing wrong with ET43!! Still, it's your opinion!!:)

I have to agree with Sat
Cant see how a difference of 11mm between the two wheels could make it look boy racer
1) Either the wheels dont suit the car
2) The tyre profile/size is wrong
3) Combination of 1/2 plus the car requires lowering