Badger5Sky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

Dealer discounts?

Hi all,

Thinking of changing my Honda s2000 for a current model S3, I had a test drive today and was quite impressed.

Can anyone give me any guidance as to how much discount I can expect off a new one, or how much movement they have generally speaking on their used stock.

I'd buy used if they were significantly cheaper than new, but from looking on the audi website that doesnt appear to be the case.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

I cant spell !

Status
    Some dealer will tell you they dont normally discount the S / RS models (if buying new) but would say anwhere up to 5% is possible. I got 3.5% off the cost of mine (after been told the above!) - I know some have got more, but its the overall package I was interested in !

Richard

6th Gear

Status
    Plus they are that new and in demand at the min you would be paying near new price for a used one!

Suppose whether you can be bothered to wait for a new one from the factory or happy for a nearly used one within a week?
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

2nd Gear

Status
    Jamjar reckon they can do a new one at just over £1000 off list. So I guess thats a good starting point for negotiation with a dealer.

4th Gear

Status
    Sportback

6th Gear

Status
    Alot of the time though these car supermarkets and dealers dont have the cars to offer when you come to buy them, its just advertising!

Someone on here tried this and they did not have a car to discount even though they were stating massive savings on them. A search might bring this up somewhere!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.