Tyre pressure monitoring???

killa_z

Couped Out
Reaction score
wanted to know if its possible to retrofit this?

came across this on vagparts and assumed it was a possible add on

A3 TPMS switch
Tyre pressure monitoring switch. Two types available:

For single DIN radio or
For double DIN radio.
Please choose below:

Order number: 8P0927121*5PR
Our price: 7.78 GBP

can anyone confirm this? also if anyone knows how to do this if its an easy diy job or if they could point me in the direction of a company/private individual who can do this it would be much apprecited

thanks

I was looking on www.kufatec.de earlier and they appear to sell the necessary looms.

If you email vagparts they should be able to tell you what you need in addition to the button and will more than likely be able to source it.

As far as I know there is a cable that connects to somewhere or other and it detects if one wheel is turning faster than the other or something like that, and that is how it tells if there is a difference in pressures.

I've done this as a retrofit. Its not that difficult at all.

I actually followed this guide

http://oooo-a3.blogspot.com/2006/04/tire-pressure-monitoring-system-tpms.html

Made up my own loom (only four wires.) The above guide is for a left hand drive car but it is basically the same procedure. Main difference is the ABS plug is up behind the battery on the right hand drive cars.

This is one of those jobs that looks much harder than it actually is. Don't be put off. Nice little upgrade and costs about £10 all in.

marms said:
Main difference is the ABS plug is up behind the battery on the right hand drive cars.

my battery is in the boot! is my abs still in the same place as yours?

Ah yeah 3.2 V6.... not sure really. It is right up under the scuttle panel on mine. Top of engine bay and to the right of center as you look at the front of the car. You can't really miss it really. Just stick you head up in the general area and have a look around for the chunk of aluminum with load of tubes coming out of it and a BIG wiring harness connector. I had to remove the battery to get good access to it so I'm not quite sure what you will do if you have a V6 to move to get at it? :)

Good luck anyway

Anyone done this too? making me moist seing all this stuff i can do to my car :)

Anyone done this too? making me moist seing all this stuff i can do to my car :)

Jeeze, a long lost thread LOL

I'm sure Nigel had done it - little he hasnt lol
My ABS controller is too basic & would need updated so I've given it a miss.

yeah it does look involving, i suppose the biggest issue is the crimping and cable runs...... would imagine i'll have the ABS sensors to do this

another thing for me to check on the weekend - just written down all the codes from the FAQs for cupholder, this and the diversity antenna, oh and fan washer jets...enough to keep me going for a bit :)

Yesh it is one of my completed additions.

yeah it does look involving, i suppose the biggest issue is the crimping and cable runs...... would imagine i'll have the ABS sensors to do this

another thing for me to check on the weekend - just written down all the codes from the FAQs for cupholder, this and the diversity antenna, oh and fan washer jets...enough to keep me going for a bit :)

If your going to do this mod can you put a guide up and let us know how you get on, ive only found one guide for it, would be nice to have one on this site. Im going to do this in the summer when uni finishes.

Yesh it is one of my completed additions.

well done Mish Money Penny..... any problems i should be aware of? seems pretty simple on the face of it, only query i have is the wiring the live to the fuse board - the guide in the FAQ's shows an aftermarket fuse kit but i cant see why i cant use an unused fuse holder? (but then its not in front of me for viewing ;) )

If your going to do this mod can you put a guide up and let us know how you get on, ive only found one guide for it, would be nice to have one on this site. Im going to do this in the summer when uni finishes.

will do mate, i'll just update this thread with a few pics

Depends on the systems mate if possible, if you grab vcds of me we can try & do remotely mate :)

hi Nigel, you're still recoding the VAG universe I see :)

did you every get anywhere with the facelift switchless tpms system?