how long to get build \ delivery date

• Thread starter Deleted member 21388
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21388

How long on average does it take to get the build \ delivery date confirmed with the dealer ?

Ordered on 19/10/07 & paid deposit ! But not heard anything since !

Richard

I ordered on 5th october and also heard nothing!
when i made the order they said i would get it first week november but still no word!

Ok thanks for that - will call the dealer today and see what I get

Richard

It all depends on when the dealer has a build slot. Not sure about in the UK, but over here some of the dealers have an allocation of build slots. When I was ordering my latest car last year the dealer had one slot left and held it for me while I was deciding what I wanted. So, if, for example, he had an allocation of 10 A3s for November 06 build and had already sold 9 A3s, I got the last one. Anybody else buying an A3 from that same dealer would have to wait for the next slot to be allocated.

If it works the same in the UK, then it is likely that your particular dealer has already sold his current allocation and is waiting to be assigned a new one - hence the delay. The other posters' dealers may not have sold out their allocations which would be why they got their build date so quickly.

rather irritatingly, I ordered mine in early October, paid deposit etc. Was told it would probably be confirmed week 2 November. Tuesday i tried to add DIS and multifunction wheel and was told it's too late: production confirmed!! have yet to receive a delivery date

Ordered mine 31st August, took 2/3 weeks for the dealer to tell me build week number 41. In to week nine and i've had a call telling me it's off the boat so with delivery and PDI another week or so :sm4:

OK confirned order today - ordered 19th October - build week 48, Delivery 1st week in Jan ! Nice xmas pressie for me !

Richard

rsarjantson said:
OK confirned order today - ordered 19th October - build week 48, Delivery 1st week in Jan ! Nice xmas pressie for me !

Richard
week 48 for me too:icon_thumright:

I got a call today asking if i wanted to collect this Wednesday ...... 9.5 weeks from order to collection. TBH i found the first few weeks waiting the worst and then just got used to the fact it'll take forever to come although now the time seems to have flown by! I've been in a race trying to get my garage extension done before the car arrived but the car got here first. Audi said no problem they could hang on to it for a while, sod it i said, get it PDI'd and i'll see you Wednesday.