A3/S3 Steering Assistance

CJP80

Reaction score
I know this has been brought up before but has anyone been able to make changes to the steering weighting/assistance on their 2007+ A3 or S3?

I'm keen to do this if someone has found a way through VAGCOM or various other means.

Thanks

It used to be done via "VAG-COM > SELECT > 44 - Steering Assist (Drivetrain) > Adaptation - 10 > Channel 001"

Sebastian from rosstech says "I do have something that seems to work, but the information will not be published as long as it's definitive that it works."

However the thread went quiet. I'd also like to know so I've emailed Ross Tech to see what they have to say.

I got a reply from RossTech, they say that the method they had discovered wasn't deemed safe for customers to use on their cars. So back to the drawing board.....

CJP80 said:
I know this has been brought up before but has anyone been able to make changes to the steering weighting/assistance on their 2007+ A3 or S3?

I'm keen to do this if someone has found a way through VAGCOM or various other means.

Thanks

Could you please define the steering weighting assistance - what does it do?
Is it similar to BMW´s "active steering" ?

Cheers

The rack in the A3 is electrically assisted. Using VAGCOM you can change the level of assistance to give you a lighter or heavier steering feel. I believe this is only at low speeds. I'm unsure what the BMW sctive steering is, so I can't answer that bit!

Not really, that method doesn't work on post 07 cars.