Sky InsuranceVolks Autos

Thread: RDS Clock?

1st Gear

Status

RDS Clock?

Just worked out how to change my clock after the time change but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the A3 has an RDS clock.

Anybody know if that's true? In the Symphony manual it refers to a clock setting on the setup menu but mine doesn't have it.

I kind of hoped the dashboard clock might update of RDS but it didn't.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    i think my last a3 (with symphony II) did this. In fact, I'm almost certain that it did.

The new one (with symphony II+) didn't do it. Don't think there is an RDS clock setting on it. I'll take a look in the morning on the way to work to confirm. I did have to change the time yesterday, so I'm assuming it didn't have it.

A3s sold on the continent have a Radio Controlled clock that adjusts it's self but their not included in the UK market. I've always had to do the hour change manually. At least now you can go forwards or backwards. On my first A3 the clock would only go forwards so this time of year I had to go forward 23 hours!

These clocks are not RDS but receive a signal from the German Atomic Clock which transmits from Frankfurt. Not sure quite why they don't fit them for the UK market unless it's to do with the difference in time zone.

I have a Junghans radio-controlled watch which up-dates with no problem from the Frankfurt transmissions.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr
    A3s sold on the continent have a Radio Controlled clock that adjusts it's self but their not included in the UK market.

These clocks are not RDS but receive a signal from the German Atomic Clock which transmits from Frankfurt. Not sure quite why they don't fit them for the UK market unless it's to do with the difference in time zone.
    If you have a look in the user guide there is a little waterfall symbol on the clock display that illuminates when it get the time signal. My old S3 illuminated as i drove it home from Germany when it was new. The new one is strangely dark as noted earlier... so I updated mine manually too!
    12- A1 1.6TDI Sport Sportback Misano Red/Black, Black/Grey Tornado, Xenons, Tech Pack, Mobile Prep High, Bose, Rear Park, Cruise, Dim Mirror, Climate, LED Lights, Armrest
    07-12 S3 Sprint Blue, Leather & Buckets, Flat MFSW, Armrest & Phone Prep, Rear Park, Dim & Fold Mirror, Tyre Warn, Sunband, Interior Light, Cruise, Hill hold, Auto Light & Rain, Bose, Sat Nav+, iPod
    01-07 S3 Dolphin Grey, Blue/Black Alcantara, Bose, Armrest, CD, Cruise, Ali Mirrors, Heated Seats
    00-01 A3 1.8TQ Sport Red, Bose