S3/S-line front grilles - interchangeable?

maars

Full speed ahead
Reaction score
Are the S3 and S-Line centre grilles the same size/shape thereby allowing an S3 grille to fit onto a 2007 S-Line front bumper?

Yes, but call be stupid but aren't they the same grill ?

Richard

No - the S3 grille is quite different to the S-Line grille. Apparantly the fixings are different??

Cosmetically the only diff I am aware off is that the S3 grille has 7 slats whereas the S line grille has 11 slats. Not too sure if the mounting points are different.

Could any S3 owner please do me a favour and measure the width/height of their front grille??

The external dimensions are the same, its the actual way the S3 gill fixes to the bumper thats different , on a sline grill there are push fit clips , where as on the S3 there are screws fixing the grill to the bumper.

If you look at the pictures of the S3 bumper I sent you , you can see the holes for the screws in the bumper

on a sline bumper there are slots for the clips of the grill to fit into.

Would the normal A3 2door grill and the S3 grill be the same size? And would the S3 grill fit onto the normal A3 bumper???

My girlfriend is looking to get an Optics grill and would rather like to get the S3 optics than the normal one.

Possible??

Thanks
Stu

RoadHawg said:
Would the normal A3 2door grill and the S3 grill be the same size? And would the S3 grill fit onto the normal A3 bumper???

My girlfriend is looking to get an Optics grill and would rather like to get the S3 optics than the normal one.

Possible??

Thanks
Stu

As ive said above , the dimensions are the same , its how they fit thats different, the S3 grill screws to the bumpers , and the actual S3 is shaped differently ti accept this grill

normal audi grills are push fit plastic clips

Ok i'll tell her she must get the normal Sline optics.

Thank you!

I think you will find that the S3 (entire grill) is slightly smaller than the stock sfg.