EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

How do I take off the Gear Knob?

to my Audi A3 - 2004 edition?

Just bought a new gear knob, eager to put it on, but I cant take the current one off!

Any ideas?

thanks

Shadoh

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    if you pull the leather gater out including the outer alliminium bezel you will be able to unlock it from underneath i think

Boydie
    Lift ash tray cover

put fingers underneath the gear surround at the top infront of the ash tray

pull lightly and it will pop up

then, turn the gaiter inside out so you can see the clasp that holds the knob onto the gear stick

use a screw driver to pry open the clip and then it should be easy enough to wiggle off

to get the gear surround off you will see when you have it totally removed that there is a plastic surround at the bottom of the leather gaitor, there are clips on the edges (4 i think) they just need wedged out and should be an easy fix

re-fitting! you will not be able to refit the clasp that was holding the knob to the gear stick without a special tool - i recommend a small garden hose clip with a small screw on it - does the same job!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I took off the ashtray cover but there isn't an opening to get to the gear knob area, its all closed off.

How do i pop open the alumnium square surrounding?

any ideas now pls?

Boydie
    Put your fingers on the edge where the lip of the ash tray woud meet and just pull - its simple and there is a small area to hook the tips of your fingers over