2.0 TFSI S tronic Power/Torque graph

KRL

Reaction score
Hi,

Tonight I managed to take some measurements with VAG-COM of block 120 with my car.

Judging by previous peoples comparisons against RR plots this seems to be a fairly accurate way seeing what your car is producing.

My car is completely standard, Audi says it should produce:
197 hp
207 lbft

My peak results were:
235 hp
243 lbft

You can run measurements of the cars BHP & Torque just through the VAG-COM software???

Yes!

Measuring Block 120 for the engine gives the amount of torque the engine is producing at any given rpm. From this you can work out how much hp the engine is producing.

The results I achieved were taken from a run in 3rd gear from about 1600 rpm to 7000rpm

Very nice indeed, not anywhere near London are you - I could do with an assessment of mine.

Not so close to London I'm afraid, I'm based in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

There is bound to be somebody with VAG-COM close you, put up a post and ask?

I doubt very much this will be accurate????? Torque takes serious equipment to measure - this couldn't be achieved by a little sensor somewhere in the engine - i doubt it anyway. I would imagine this is a calculation of torque from the software given it knows what engine it is, fuelling, ignition parametres etc

I do not know how accurate these results are. All I know is that others have compared the results they get with VAG-COM to Dyno tests and the results have been very similar. For example recently aiculedtzu did this:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=39935

I was very suprised by my figures and for the moment these plots are all I have to go on for my car.

Around the same time I got my car Audi had just brought out the A4 2.0 TFSI Sline SE with 220 BHP. Now this is pure guess work and speculation on my part - I wonder if all 2.0 TFSIs could have been producing 220 BHP at this time?

Other factors that might have contributed to my results:

- It was cold 8C
- I have always run my car on VPower of Tesco99. For the test it was running on Tesco99.
- The engine is nicely broken in now 27.5K