Picking up my new A3 S/B S-Line today......

SMc

Reaction score
Website
www.smcphotography.co.uk
...or am i?!!!!

Fully paid for my Audi around 10 days ago. The car was being delivered to my Audi dealer for Monday this week. Gave Audi all registration docs, MOT etc of my current A3 (to have my private plate transferred onto the new car at first registration)......

I went away for a few days and the plan was to collect the car today, that would have been ready by yesterday, after the dealer having 2 or 3 days to PDI the vehicle.......

BUT......

Came home to find out the car 'wasn't called off'. This means it wasn't called off the ferry port to be placed onto the correct transporter to get to my dealer. So, the car remained there for a few days but is now on its way now to be at my dealer for this morning!!!

What exactly is involved in the PDI? They told me they usually have a new car for 2-3 days before passing it onto the new owner after the PDI but they reckon they will still have it ready for me this afternoon. They assure me no corners will be cut....but I don't really know exactly what they are meant to be doing so not sure what corners would be cut anyway??

Bit nervous about collecting the car......don't want to collect it in a rush this late afternoon when its dull to find out there are problems tomorrow!!

Can't wait to get it though!!!!!

I've now been assured the car will be ready for me by 5pm so here's hoping all is okay!

However, having never had a new car...or a diesel before......any guides on 'running in' the engine? Should I limit the revs for a certain amount of miles? Anything else I should bear in mind?

Cheers

Running it in not sure if their different to running in petrol engines.
Im sure there aint a difference. Never the less i'd say 1000miles would be a safe bet... Dont rev above 3rpm and you should be ok.