AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Up the owls!

Status

RNS-E / GSM and Nokia N series phones

Hi All,

I have been doing a bit of research and it seems that there is a problem getting the Nokia N series (N73 and N95 in particular) from working with the GSM phone prep.

Making and receiving calls works ok, but the address book, or the name of the person ringing you on incoming calls is not displayed. This is due to the operating system used on these phones.

There are 3rd party applications to enable this, Nokia provide one of these, but I cant seem to get it working.

Has anyone here managed to get a Nokia N series working fully? If so what is the secret?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    if you go to the nokia website you can download a phonebook hotfix.

http://europe.nokia.com/A4144399

download whichever one applies to your particular phone and install it on the phone. This should get you sorted.

6th Gear

Status
    that hotfix is listed as being for the 616 carkit, however it gets the contacts to work with a host of devices - smartphones, Garmin SatNav units, and the GSM phone prep in the Audi.

Up the owls!

Status
    I have tried this on a Nokia N95 which didn't work. It just sat there saying 'processing' for ages. The process I followed is..

Delete partnership with car on phone
    Start the contact application
    Pair with the car
    Attempt to sync address book

Any ideas, am i doing it wrong?

1st Gear

Status
    Craig who installed my sat nav and bluetooth said that the Audi kit in the A3 wont work with the N95..only the mmi in the A6/Q7 etc will work

Hence why I got a works HP Ipaq instead of the N95
    Gone - A3 2.0 TDI (140) Sportback Sport

Now - BMW f10 520d

6th Gear

Status
    This is now fixed for A3/A4 as long as you have the "Q" version phone module and the Nokia 810 contacts download manager.

I have tested an N95 with the Audi phone prep / RNS-E and I can see my phone book from the phone memory.

1st Gear

Status
    S8Craig - sorry for soundng thick, but how can you tell you have the Q version of the phone module please
    2007 A6 Allroad 3.2 FSI Quattro - Lava Grey, sports seats, silver Headlining, Acoustic parking, armrest, multi-function steering wheel, cruise control, Xenons, , Sat nav, GSM, Audi MMI

6th Gear

Status
    Only with VAG COM or from the dealer with VAS

Or a physical look at the module which is under the floor.

A simple test with the software will see if it works of course.

Quote Originally Posted by jasaudi
    S8Craig - sorry for soundng thick, but how can you tell you have the Q version of the phone module please

Up the owls!

Status
    Would the 'Q' version be the latest one on the 08 cars?
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

S3IZZO
    Sorry for also being thick, i've downloaded the 810 software and installed it on my N95, i've got a 2007 S3 with RNS-E and GSM phone prep.

I can connect and use my N95 no problems at all, assuming I have the Q version of the phone module in my car how would I go about syncing the contacts?

I've tried "Sync contacts", there are 2 options - PCSuite and Orange, Orange is obviously to upload to orange space somewhere to save your contacts and the PCSuite (via BT to the car) does nothing so can someone give me a step by step guide to doing this?

Jos
    Neutral

Status
    Installed the Nokia 810 contacts download manager in my Nokia 6680 and now I can scroll trough the contacts in the DIS.
    Executed the program in the phone, he asked if I wanted to turn the BT on, said yes, connected to the car and started downloading the contacts.
    Should make this thread sticky, I have made some google searches and have never found a solution to this.
    S3' Apr 2007 - leather seats, silver, BT, Ipod, 18" 7 twin-spoke rims, flat bottom MFSW

S3IZZO
    Doesn't work at all for me, I install the 810 contacts manager after deleting the pairing in bluetooth.

Start the download manager and I get "processing" for ages, nothing happens at all - load of pish.

Jos
    Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3IZZO
    Doesn't work at all for me, I install the 810 contacts manager after deleting the pairing in bluetooth.

Start the download manager and I get "processing" for ages, nothing happens at all - load of pish.
    I didn't delete the pairing like he asked, I told him to start importing immediately.
    Maybe that's it... Should give it a try, nothing to loose.

You're right though, a load of money and just a few phones are compatible with this crap.
    S3' Apr 2007 - leather seats, silver, BT, Ipod, 18" 7 twin-spoke rims, flat bottom MFSW