Having My S3 2007 Chipped at Audi Dealer

boothville

Reaction score
Hi guys, having my S3 chipped at Audi dealer on Friday.

They say this will take it to 315BHP and have no concerns about warranty issues !

Will post results next week.

Its more of a software change, and can be switched back at any time (although dealer has to do). £599 + VAT

I'd love some more info on this. Does this service extend outside of the S3?

Yes and me - I know some dealers used to use AMD and Listers group have used Revo but not heard of any recently...

TBH I was a little flip with my original 'Ha!'. If 'John Smith Audi of Wherever' remain in business and if they don't lose their franchise and if the agreement is in writing then I doubt there'd be a problem. But there's quite a few more 'ifs' there for my liking. But that's not because I don't trust whatever map is being offered be it Revo, APR, whatever but because I don't trust dealers and I don't trust their ability to hold onto a franchise or stick to an agreement. I think I'm also correct in saying that if Audi knew that one of their franchised dealers were offering a third party map and saying that the warranty won't be effected they'd go (to use very un-PC phrase) spastic.

boothville, don't you believe it. My advice for what it's worth? Get a map from somewhere else without the dealers mark up. If the warranty worries you then don't map your car.

Perhaps it would be best not to reply with the dealers name :idea: for that very reason.

Paul

rich1068 said:
TBH I was a little flip with my original 'Ha!'. If 'John Smith Audi of Wherever' remain in business and if they don't lose their franchise and if the agreement is in writing then I doubt there'd be a problem. But there's quite a few more 'ifs' there for my liking. But that's not because I don't trust whatever map is being offered be it Revo, APR, whatever but because I don't trust dealers and I don't trust their ability to hold onto a franchise or stick to an agreement. I think I'm also correct in saying that if Audi knew that one of their franchised dealers were offering a third party map and saying that the warranty won't be effected they'd go (to use very un-PC phrase) spastic.

boothville, don't you believe it. My advice for what it's worth? Get a map from somewhere else without the dealers mark up. If the warranty worries you then don't map your car.

On reflection I have to agree with these comments, I'd go for the remap independantly save some money and keep quiet. Go for GIAC or Bluefin and they are unlikely to detect it unless actively searching which is unlikely IMO.

Here in Switzerland it is quite normal for Audi dealers to offer re-maps as an option. I've never had it done myself, but a friend had it done to the last 2 A4s that he brought. No warranty problems at all.

Quite what Audi must think of this I don't know.

Is that because otherwise, the turbo cars seem very slow at Swiss altitudes?

I know I had my Big Turbo S3 8L there last week and even on max boost, it felt very flat, hardly any turbo whistle. One I decended down past Besancon on the way home, it started gettign quicker and quicker and was back to full nuts perfomance once about 200 Kms into France.

It left me wondering how the tirbo cars manage at Alittude, I was only at about 700M in Friborg.

in the UK Wayside in Milton Keynes will offer you a map for the S3.

They also claim no warrenty issues. Now you have to bear in mine that the wording in audi handbook is quite clear - no modifications unless dealt with through an official agent. Also in law the agent should not carry out the work if it believies it would cause issues as they are the expert on the subject area. So if Wayside for example remap your car, they do so being the appointed experts by Audi UK, so by implication you warrenty would not be invalidated. For full proof of this needs a failure ans someone rich enough to take on the system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My S3 was done by the dealer and 6k miles, 5 months and nothing but fun :D

Shao_khan said:
in the UK Wayside in Milton Keynes will offer you a map for the S3.

They also claim no warrenty issues. Now you have to bear in mine that the wording in audi handbook is quite clear - no modifications unless dealt with through an official agent. Also in law the agent should not carry out the work if it believies it would cause issues as they are the expert on the subject area. So if Wayside for example remap your car, they do so being the appointed experts by Audi UK, so by implication you warrenty would not be invalidated. For full proof of this needs a failure ans someone rich enough to take on the system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My S3 was done by the dealer and 6k miles, 5 months and nothing but fun :D

Dont forget though its Audi UK who authorise the warranty work the dealer is just franchised from them. So in effect th dealer could offer any upgrade saying they wont have a problem with warranty work but Audi UK could completey refuse and say to the delaer they are not paying for it leaving the delaer looking very stupid!!

I have experience of this when I picked my car up it had a minor paint issue on the front bumper, Audi UK completely refused to have anything to do with it saying it was a dealer issue and they were franchised out and had nothing to do with Audi UK. They even went as far as saying they could not tell the dealer what to do only give advice as they were separate.

In the end a "goodwill" gesture was made by Audi UK after some very hard wrangling and probably because it was a brand new car.

Sorry the reply has taken so long, I just cant stop driving my baby now!

One word to describe the car now WOW...!!!

Its amazing, pulls like a train and just keeps going and going. Its quick, very quick! and apparently, no more speed restriction....( though i havent been brave enough to test that yet.)

I really don't know what all the fuss is about. The guys at Northampton Audi have obviously done there homework and have got there own liability insurance if anything nasty happens and the engine warranty is refused.

They sat me down, got me a coffee, took my keys and 45 minutes later handed them back saying "enjoy"

This is the first dealership i've ever been to where they understand about remaps. "we know dam well that if we dont do it, you'll only take the car elsewhere and get it done anyway" was one of there comments!

They say there is more to be had from my car, but they opt to stay safe and stick well within the vehicles tolerances.

Seriously guys, I really can't fault the service they gave.

Apparently one of the guys has been watching this post and chuckling at some of the comments!

Huge thumbs up to Dave and Calvin @ Northampton Audi.....Thanks Guys!

Interesting ! Glad your enjoying it - Do you have any performance figures for it ?
If you dont mind me asking how much did you get charged for it ? You can pm if me if you like ?

Richard

he'll chew him up and spit him out now!

probably should have done that in the first place