Bluefin Flash counter Update

Spin140

Reaction score
I have been speaking to Jamie Turvey the technical director at Superchips/Bluefin via e-mail. He has now confirmed that for all but the early TDI models that are bluefin compatible his R&D team have now managed to counteract the flash count so that after each 'flash' from your bluefin it is reset to Zero further aiding the dealer transparency that the majority seem to require. In jamies own words...

"....We are currently testing the count reset function on all the different ecu’s that VW / Audi group vehicles use. So far it is 100%......"

".....We are testing as I have said, this is slightly hampered by getting cars in with all of the different ecu’s. We are looking for an early tdi to work on then release would be imminent. We can reset all other ecu’s already, these are already tested......."

I asked his permission before posting his response and can confirm that if you quote MKIVS - Forum you will also be able to gain a 15% discount on your bluefin making it a very competitive £509 inc postage & vat.

I'm going to get mine done as a Xmas pressie to myself, now what to tell the wife ?!?

How can I get in touch with Jamie Turvey the technical director at Superchips/Bluefin. Could you PM me his e-mail address please.

I'm also interested if the flash counter reset on bluefin is fact. I've read various posts from people saying they've been told that bluefin does not increment - it'd be good to see some documented statement saying that from Superchips - has anyone had that confirmation ? I'm sure if I go along to buy Bluefin they'll tell me anything to get the sale !!

But if your ECU flash count is already at one due to a dealer ECU upgrade then the count will return to zero?

Yeh - wrong choice of words I think, rather that resetting the counter, the remap not incrementing it would be preferred.

Having spoken to Jamie Turvey at Superchips and having recived an e-mail from him I can confirm that the Bluefin sets tha flash counter at a pre-determined setting chosen by you the customer, alternatively they are set to reset to Zero by default.

All applications have been tested with the exception of one of the TDI ECU's, my wifes Jetta has this type even though only just 2 yrs old so I have offered to let Superchips test our car as it already has Bluefin so the extra transparency will be a bonus although the car has been in for both service and warranty work with no problems to date.

The flashcounter reset function is a step in the right direction but bettered by GIAC as their software bypasses it totally, hence my decision to go with them.