Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    6th Gear

Status

Bluefin Flash counter Update

I have been speaking to Jamie Turvey the technical director at Superchips/Bluefin via e-mail. He has now confirmed that for all but the early TDI models that are bluefin compatible his R&D team have now managed to counteract the flash count so that after each 'flash' from your bluefin it is reset to Zero further aiding the dealer transparency that the majority seem to require. In jamies own words...

"....We are currently testing the count reset function on all the different ecus that VW / Audi group vehicles use. So far it is 100%......"

".....We are testing as I have said, this is slightly hampered by getting cars in with all of the different ecus. We are looking for an early tdi to work on then release would be imminent. We can reset all other ecus already, these are already tested......."

I asked his permission before posting his response and can confirm that if you quote MKIVS - Forum you will also be able to gain a 15% discount on your bluefin making it a very competitive 509 inc postage & vat.

I'm going to get mine done as a Xmas pressie to myself, now what to tell the wife ?!?
    Last edited by Spin140; 23rd October 2007 at 16:18.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    How can I get in touch with Jamie Turvey the technical director at Superchips/Bluefin. Could you PM me his e-mail address please.
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

Sepang Blue S3

Status
    Whats his address. Im not going to SPAM.

DM
    2012 Porsche Cayman R Peridot Green MY12
    2011 Porsche Cayman S Basalt Black MY08

2010 S3 Sepang Blue MY10
    2009 S3 Imola Yellow MY09
    2007 S3 Solar Orange MY08
    2005 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line 200Bhp MY06 : Misano Red
    2003 A3 2.0Tdi Sport 140Bhp MY04 : Brilliant Black

1st Gear

Status
    Is this 'none detectable version' now available?

Neutral

Status
    I'm also interested if the flash counter reset on bluefin is fact. I've read various posts from people saying they've been told that bluefin does not increment - it'd be good to see some documented statement saying that from Superchips - has anyone had that confirmation ? I'm sure if I go along to buy Bluefin they'll tell me anything to get the sale !!

987C

Status
    But if your ECU flash count is already at one due to a dealer ECU upgrade then the count will return to zero?
    2008 987C Porsche Cayman S (299 RWHP)
    2007 987 Porsche Boxster S (295 RWHP)
    2007 Audi S3 (330PS)
    2005 Seat Leon FR TDI (195PS)
    2005 Skoda Fabia vRS (175PS)

Neutral

Status
    Yeh - wrong choice of words I think, rather that resetting the counter, the remap not incrementing it would be preferred.

6th Gear

Status
    Having spoken to Jamie Turvey at Superchips and having recived an e-mail from him I can confirm that the Bluefin sets tha flash counter at a pre-determined setting chosen by you the customer, alternatively they are set to reset to Zero by default.

All applications have been tested with the exception of one of the TDI ECU's, my wifes Jetta has this type even though only just 2 yrs old so I have offered to let Superchips test our car as it already has Bluefin so the extra transparency will be a bonus although the car has been in for both service and warranty work with no problems to date.

The flashcounter reset function is a step in the right direction but bettered by GIAC as their software bypasses it totally, hence my decision to go with them.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."