AH FabricationsSky Insurance

Thread: cam belt change

Neutral

Status

cam belt change

Hi I've had cam belt changed in my A3 2.0TDI by audi Stafford. When I looked at the invoice the following day I realized they have only changd cam belt, tensioner and water pump. They haven't change the other 2 rollers is that all right or should these be changed as well? Is it save to drive or should I have them changed as well?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Couped Out

Status
    depends on what you paid for, if you paid for the lot then you should get the lot, what was the price agreed on? that will tell you whether you need to go back, i wouldnt be suprised if they purposly tried to pull a fast one - dealers!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by killa_z
    depends on what you paid for, if you paid for the lot then you should get the lot, what was the price agreed on? that will tell you whether you need to go back, i wouldnt be suprised if they purposly tried to pull a fast one - dealers!
    they charged me only for the parts they have changed but I didn't ask them before wheather they gonna change whole set cos i fought that is obvious . They said when I asked them later that "The Ebay cambelt offer is only for the cambelt and tensioner. There would be no need to replace any other rollers due to no interval time replacement." I had it done by audi stafford I found their offer on the e-bay. So is it true that there is no need to replace the other rollers?