S3 Bose system woofer location...

cooni

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my baby to arrive in January; but I was having a very good look at the S3 at the sydney motor show...
Noticed the woofer is in the side panel of the boot on the left...
Is it possible to open up that panel easily? maybe replace the side wall with a grill? it seems the side wall is fairly stiff and is deadening the sound a bit... or would that be counter productive...
I don't need really booming bass, but something to make music more wholesome... maybe it was just the fact that the car was playing the radio but I would have liked a little more oompf to the bass. Do I need to go aftermarket?

Cheers guys

(The bose option is standard in Australia)

Have a search in the A3 section of www.audiforums.com (It's an American site)

I know there's a guy on there who's fitted a grille in the trim. There's pictures too. It was a little while ago but it's there.

cooni said:
I'm still waiting for my baby to arrive in January; but I was having a very good look at the S3 at the sydney motor show...
Noticed the woofer is in the side panel of the boot on the left...
Is it possible to open up that panel easily? maybe replace the side wall with a grill? it seems the side wall is fairly stiff and is deadening the sound a bit... or would that be counter productive...
I don't need really booming bass, but something to make music more wholesome... maybe it was just the fact that the car was playing the radio but I would have liked a little more oompf to the bass. Do I need to go aftermarket?

Cheers guys

(The bose option is standard in Australia)

visit www.a3phatnoise.quinlivan.net for a step by step guide to removing the left side panel