Ararming Problem

JerseyBrian

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with alarm on A3/S3 8P.
My alarm has statrted going off mostly during the night (neighbours love me).Will not stop from remote unless next to car then will continue going off even if car is started and stopped again.Only thing stops it is actually driving car. Any Help Thanks:think:

JerseyBrian said:
Has anyone had problems with alarm on A3/S3 8P.
My alarm has statrted going off mostly during the night (neighbours love me).Will not stop from remote unless next to car then will continue going off even if car is started and stopped again.Only thing stops it is actually driving car. Any Help Thanks:think:
Not sure about that. Mine has occasionally gone off during the night, but is easily resettable by just sticking the remote out the bedroom window.

Is it the factory fit alarm, or one you got fitted yourself? It could just be that your ultrasonics are too sensitive and a gust of wind coming in the air vents alters the air pressure inside the car, thereby setting off the alarm.

No it is standard alarm has been checked by dealer no faults logged.
last time set off by interior monitor which i had disabled by pressing button on drivers door.Audi have now replaced controller time will tell if it is OK.

A - new batteries in remote???
B - was it raining at the time - rain can sometimes set your alarm off

The remote works normal distance ie 15 metres when alarm is working normally.
Only when phantom alarm does the remote have to be next to the car.This is Jersey we dont have rain lol no it was not raining at the time.

You certainly do have rain in Jersey!
We spent a week there about August 23rd this year and it rained lots and lots. It was also very cold, I even saw someone going onto St Ouen's bay wearing gloves!
Guess what though, there was one good weather day - the day we flew home. Typical!

Will most likely be your windows not up properly. In fact, leaving the bonnet, boot, or any window open will cause the alarm to trigger!

Well car came back from Dealers Friday new convenience control unit fitted. Home 2 hours car unlocked Alarm went off could not stop it with remote only by starting car.Closed door to get coat to move car alarm again this time started car drove down road alarm still going off.
Parked it in lock-up at work and walked home very fed up.

How come you need to lock your car at night? I thought Jersey was relatively crime free. When that Bergerac chap was around there seemed to be only one crime a week, and I don't recall any that were car theft related.