Extra plug/wire/loom with my driver seat??? (pics inside)

killa_z

Couped Out
Reaction score
after messing around my car today i discovered there were 2 loom/plugs coming from my seat when there is only a slot i can see for one, i have left the yellow loom plugged into the yellow 'socket' and the other black one is just hanging around

there is no lumbar support so it cant be for that, isit possible my seats are heated, i was told by the previous owner that the interior in the car wasnt fitted from brand new/stock and was changed by himself

anyone got any ideas???

2hzoo53.jpg

168igya.jpg

282icu8.jpg

igxbmr.jpg

apologies for the poor quality - camera phone

killa_z said:
after messing around my car today i discovered there were 2 loom/plugs coming from my seat when there is only a slot i can see for one, i have left the yellow loom plugged into the yellow 'socket' and the other black one is just hanging around

there is no lumbar support so it cant be for that, isit possible my seats are heated, i was told by the previous owner that the interior in the car wasnt fitted from brand new/stock and was changed by himself

anyone got any ideas???

apologies for the poor quality - camera phone
ejector seat perhaps?

If he replaced the seats, it is probable that they were heated but your car isn't wired for heated seats. If that's the case, I'm sure it is possible to hook it up, but you'd need to purchase the controls for it and probably a new facia to house them.

I'm guessing the yellow wire is for the airbag?

yep, yellow is airbag

i dont suspect it IS heated actually because the passengers side doesnt have one!

killa_z said:
yep, yellow is airbag

i dont suspect it IS heated actually because the passengers side doesnt have one!
did both seats come from the same car?

It has to be either the electrics or the heater.

Although, are you sure it isn't the lumbar support? Is lumbar support only offered on the driver's seat perhaps? Could be that the seat is wired for it, but you don't have the car wired for it - as was your theory about the heated element.

Perhaps somebody who has electrics\heating\lumbar on their car might take a quick look under their seat and see what wires they have.

im sure it isnt lumbar support because the controls for it isnt on the seat

if someone could have a look and theirs and let us know that would be a big help, its currently just tucked away nicely, nothing major but i would like to know what its for

i looked at mine today and the yellow connector under the seat is connected to a wire from the seat.

Seatbelt tensioner is all i can think of as i don't have electric seats or heated seats.