1.4 TFSI

mfspen

Reaction score
Just noticed that the new 1.4TFSI engine (125PS) now appears on the Audi UK site for the A3 and A3 SB.

Bizarrely, the old 1.6 is still there, despite offering considerably worse performance, fuel economy and CO2 emissions.

Thought I'd revive this one.

Anyone have any experience of this engine?

Not seen anything yet.
As it only appeared in the price list a month ago, I guess the cars haven't appeared yet.

The reason I ask is because we replace my wife's Polo soon and she likes the Sportback. I can get a good deal on a 1.4 TFSI SE. It's obviously a much better engine than the old 1.6 and really for the driving my wife does it would be perfectly fine. Mileage doesn't warrant a diesel and the more powerful petrols are costly to insure and thirsty.

It sounds like a good engine, i imagine it will feel a good bit faster than it really is due to the turbo too. Should be a nice drive

rodenal said:
It sounds like a good engine, i imagine it will feel a good bit faster than it really is due to the turbo too. Should be a nice drive
Yes I agree, the spec does look promising.
It produces about the same torque as the old (150bhp) 1.8T, and from 1500rpm upwards, so should feel pretty strong in day to day driving.

My thoughts exactly. One to ponder I think.

TBH I have driven the old 1.6 around town and fair enough it won't win the traffic light GP but it seemed perfectly at home in an urban setting.