EM TuningBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

After 3 months of waiting....its here!!

I ordered my S3 on 11/07/07, and yesterday, exactly 3 months later, i was able to pick it up from the dealers I think the colour looks awesome and i'm very glad i was brave enough to go for it!

The first thing i did was fit some 10mm H&R spacers all round, makes the car look MUCH better for only a small amount of cash

The bucket seats are excellent, bit tight around my legs, and i'm not fat either! Anyway time for a few pics....

I apologise for the quality and poor lighting (and my frankly awful attempt at covering my reg!), but i don't have a digi camera yet.

At the dealers:

At my house with the spacers fitted:

Interior Shots:

One of the nice details i like are the back of the bucket seats. The shiny black finish looks really cool. I never noticed it on any other pics of the seats i had seen:

And finally:

I've had lots of nice comments on the car, and people asking me how fast it is and how it handles, but i haven't even put it in 6th gear yet! Just want to take it easy for the 1st month or so.

So far the economy hasn't been that bad. I got over 33mpg on the way back from dealers (cruising on M-way), about 27mpg on a drive back home last evening in light traffic and 25 mpg today in moderate traffic on city roads

Also got to say Birmingham Audi were very good throughout, agreeing to a discount of 5%, and also giving me a choice of a free gift yesterday Had a choice between Audi cufflinks, torch, mouse, keyring, kids paint! and a something that looked like a mini BBQ! Went for the torch in the end
    MK1 Leon Cupra R: K04 Hybrid / AEM WMI / Wellycooler / Mocal Oil Cooler / Superpro Polybushed / Vibratech Mounts / KW V3's / Factory Recaros / 330bhp...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Up the owls!

Status
    Very nice m8

I might be ordering mine tomorrow provided the terms are right

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio
    Very nice m8

I might be ordering mine tomorrow provided the terms are right
    Cheers m8 Make sure you get white, trust me you will love it
    MK1 Leon Cupra R: K04 Hybrid / AEM WMI / Wellycooler / Mocal Oil Cooler / Superpro Polybushed / Vibratech Mounts / KW V3's / Factory Recaros / 330bhp...

6th Gear

Status
    Looks great, white is starting to grow on me

6th Gear

Status
    love the colour, seats and the steering wheel!

nice choice!

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the comments

Really need to get a digital camera because i feel the current photos don't do it justice. Got to wait a few months though, since i have already wasted the spare cash i had left buying H&R springs & ARB's off jonnyC

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IH786
    Also got to say Birmingham Audi were very good throughout, agreeing to a discount of 5%, and also giving me a choice of a free gift yesterday Had a choice between Audi cufflinks, torch, mouse, keyring, kids paint! and a something that looked like a mini BBQ! Went for the torch in the end
    I thought,according to previous threads on here,6% is the minimum discount you should expect on an S3 ?
    So if they've stung you for at least 1%,no wonder they were happy to give you a free gift.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    I thought,according to previous threads on here,6% is the minimum discount you should expect on an S3 ?
    So if they've stung you for at least 1%,no wonder they were happy to give you a free gift.
    Think the new discount is 7%, but it seems some people are having difficulty getting dealers to admit to it

I got my discount well before the 7% was announced.

1st Gear

Status
    I didn't get a discount OR a free gift!

I do wonder why more dealers don't do stuff like that though, a free Audi torch costs them about 10 but does wonders for customer satisfaction.

6th Gear

Status
    What we're saying is that the norm is 6% or even 7%.
    And that's as a starting point.
    So the dealer actually did very well to get you to agree to 5%.
    I always get free stuff,no matter what I buy.
    Varies from mudflaps,to mats.
    Can't remember the last time I didn't get something chucked into the deal,even on little runarounds for the wife.
    Last edited by Amchlolor; 12th October 2007 at 16:52.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

1st Gear

Status
    Bully for you, Mr Supernegotiator!

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Very nice.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

5th Gear

Status
    Looks great. I'd love to be able to get one like that.

Although cant help thinking it would of looked much nicer better without a sunroof!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Looks great. I'd love to be able to get one like that.

Although cant help thinking it would of looked much nicer better without a sunroof!
    Yeah the sunroof was a bit of an afterthought because i originally made a deal including 600 for optional RS4 18" alloys. But afterwards i was told they weren't available in the UK

So for roughly the same price, i chose the sunroof and tyre pressure sensors. Still the way i see it is that its another toy to play with

Neutral

Status
    awsome !
    A3 3.2 Quattro S-line

5th Gear

Status
    Beautiful car. White is really growing on me. Just wish it was much more sunny in this country, then i'd probably consider it much more
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by emzino
    Beautiful car. White is really growing on me. Just wish it was much more sunny in this country, then i'd probably consider it much more
    Yeah true. The weather really sucks. It would look much better if it was sunny. Hopefully it won't rain tomorrow as i want to give it its first wash

S3-less untill December

Status
    Looks Fantastic, was going to go for white but i just stayed safe with black . i thort ur engine cover was white , but its jus the photo
    Suzuka grey S3 facelift ...... Every option
    Let the TUNING begin

Neutral

Status
    Very nice in white! I wish I'd went for the bucket seats as well!!

S3-less untill December

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hallster
    Very nice in white! I wish I'd went for the bucket seats as well!!
    your photo looks Brilliant Hallster!!!!
    Suzuka grey S3 facelift ...... Every option
    Let the TUNING begin

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IH786
    So far the economy hasn't been that bad. I got over 33mpg on the way back from dealers (cruising on M-way), about 27mpg on a drive back home last evening in light traffic and 25 mpg today in moderate traffic on city roads
    Oh, err, missus. Hmm, you won't get than when you discover the performace. My last S3 used to regularly get 30/32 on motorway runs and than was with me booting it, even drpping it down a gear. My new one, well its capable of 30, just as long as you sit at 80 and don't ever floor the throttle to go past people quickly, do that and its getting 26/27, if you really boot it, well then its 25 or so.

Not that i am complaining, took my mate upto Wembley Arena last week and he was a bit quiet each time I got to the slip roads... yeah I know, but you just have to do it, right?

Pictures look great, have the same silver trim, bucket and FBMFSW in mine and it looks fab, need to get yourself an RNS-E too...
    12- A1 1.6TDI Sport Sportback Misano Red/Black, Black/Grey Tornado, Xenons, Tech Pack, Mobile Prep High, Bose, Rear Park, Cruise, Dim Mirror, Climate, LED Lights, Armrest
    07-12 S3 Sprint Blue, Leather & Buckets, Flat MFSW, Armrest & Phone Prep, Rear Park, Dim & Fold Mirror, Tyre Warn, Sunband, Interior Light, Cruise, Hill hold, Auto Light & Rain, Bose, Sat Nav+, iPod
    01-07 S3 Dolphin Grey, Blue/Black Alcantara, Bose, Armrest, CD, Cruise, Ali Mirrors, Heated Seats
    00-01 A3 1.8TQ Sport Red, Bose

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stevec
    Oh, err, missus. Hmm, you won't get than when you discover the performace. My last S3 used to regularly get 30/32 on motorway runs and than was with me booting it, even drpping it down a gear. My new one, well its capable of 30, just as long as you sit at 80 and don't ever floor the throttle to go past people quickly, do that and its getting 26/27, if you really boot it, well then its 25 or so.

Not that i am complaining, took my mate upto Wembley Arena last week and he was a bit quiet each time I got to the slip roads... yeah I know, but you just have to do it, right?

Pictures look great, have the same silver trim, bucket and FBMFSW in mine and it looks fab, need to get yourself an RNS-E too...
    You are absolutely right about the economy, i got only 23mpg on a short drive today The car is an absolute pleasure to drive, i love it

Although the car has just covered 101 miles, and i haven't even got close to the limit yet, it feels soo fast and with the bucket seats holding you snugly in place i know i made the right choice in buying it

Will be getting an RNS-E as soon as i have the 's, so probably next year