Another new 3.2 V6 owner!!!

killa_z

Couped Out
Reaction score
just picked up my a3, first thoughts, have to say the acceleration (first few seconds or so) wasnt as quick as i thought, what i probably mean is that the redline isnt high enough!

despite that i cant deny it is a FAST car with amazing torque; EVERY single gear pulls and pulls, very smooth and easy gearbox with a nice clutch

overall great car, looks the business

i just turned 19 by the way so you fellas can now make comments on how lucky i am and how things were different in your day, jus kidding, so i will be looking to do a little modifying to it

shopping list is as follows:
coilovers (probably kw v2)
anti roll bars (probably h&r)
haldex system
cat back exaust (probably miltek)
performance filter (suggestions???)
remap

then alot later down the line, a supercharger or proper nitrous install

in case anyones wondering, extras include
met black with full red nappa leather interior and arm rest
full votex audi factory fitted body kit
audi concert stero and 6 disc changer
xenons and headlight washers
dual climate control

and probably a few more i cant think of right now

i already have a full blown jl audio/alpine install ready to go in in th next day or two along with some debadging and sound proofing, will do all work myself apart from haldex,cat back and remap so will keep you updated

am well chuffed so thought i'd share

Good decision...lovely car, keep us up to date on the mods and how much you feel they improve the car...oh and the noise thats what gets me, with a miltek I`m sure it will sound superb!!!:hubbahubba: enjoy!!!

Superb, welcome to the dark side.

Your car spec and mods sound great :respekt:

sounds awesome man!

what made you go for the 3.2 over the S3?

how on EARTH did you afford a 3.2 aged 19? what do you pay to insure it?

lovely sounding car, get some pics up asap!

Yes I'm interested in hearing what your insurance premium is too! But great choice...are you changing the head unit when you do your ICE install? I just switched to the RNS-E and it's a great bit of kit..

my insurance is about £1000 on mine im 22, with 5 years nc. very nice mate, where abouts in london are you ?

Prawn said:
what made you go for the 3.2 over the S3?

Unless I've missed something,he doesn't say his 3.2 is new.
So I'm guessing it's used and cost considerably less than an S3.
You can get 8P 3.2 A3's for £10K.

bowfer is right, not brand new so was within my budget, S3 definatly isnt

im getting insurance under my sisters name (she's 30 with 7 yrs NCB)
me as a named driver, still fully comp, brakedown cover and locksmith all included for a total of £800-900 a year!

considering other companies quoted around 9k and even one guy replying 'theres no point mate, it will be thousands, upon thousand' this deal sounded like a winner to me, personally i think it was a glitch in the system; they slipped up as they do every now and then and i just happened to be on the other end

have already bought the bbs for it, am just shopping around for the rest now!

For God's sake don't prang it. The insurers will be all over you - it's pretty obvious what you're up to :)

Also make sure that you have told them the modifications that you have made. Sadly an insurance contract is a contract of "utmost good faith" which basically means that if you neglect to tell them something which can be argued to be tangible then the insuranc is void. This means that the police can then do you for being uninsured potentially if something does go wrong, so as skittler says, "For God's sake don't prang it"

magnus911 said:
Yes I'm interested in hearing what your insurance premium is too! But great choice...are you changing the head unit when you do your ICE install? I just switched to the RNS-E and it's a great bit of kit..

yep, all will be changed which is why i wasnt really bothered about the 6 dics changer and bose speakers which came with it, is all for sale if anyones interested

and alpine iva d310 will replace along with some jl components

tmint said:
my insurance is about £1000 on mine im 22, with 5 years nc. very nice mate, where abouts in london are you ?

west london mate, near the hounslow area (middlesex)

and dont worry fellas, i wont prang it, i know my limits and wont push them until i know the car itself, i know im young but ive been driving a while (even before my license on private grounds), have been on a few driving experience days and also have a few track days booked too!

will do what you guys said about mods to the insurers,

thanks for the words

what sort of MPG are you getting in the 3.2?

I can buy a 3.2 for the same money as a 2.0tdi.. and most have a slightly better spec than the diesel... however the diesel has the 45+ MPG advantage

Plenty of references in other threads on this, but I generally get 24 on inefficient journeys, and about 28 on a long motorway run.

think i will go derv... since im sick of getting around the 28mpg mark in the 8L S3 :)