2nd service 2.0T

d3fy

Reaction score
Website
d3fy.co.uk
All,

Anyone with a 2.0T had a 2nd service yet? How much is it roughly? I understand that the brake fluid should also be changed at 24 months, is this really necessary? When does the Quattro dubbins need doing as well?

:readit: :readit:

Ta

brake fluid is best changed every 2 year due to the fluid absorbing air and water during its time in the pipelines.

Im about to have my second AVS done. Quote is £356. Another Audi dealer wanted £465 and that wasnt including brakes. Theyre next year.

d3fy said:
So is that a Yes it does need doing Robin?

It's a fairly standard thing. Not Audi being cheeky. My previous Octavia got the fluid changed at two years and so did my wife's Polo.

Quattro dubbins is 40k.

My Golf was done at its second service, £35 + VAT at a VW dealer.

d3fy said:
I understand that the brake fluid should also be changed at 24 months, is this really necessary?
My 2.0TDI also had its brake fluid changed at two years old, and I thought it seemed like a waste of money - until after the service, when the brake response was miles better! Don't skimp - get it done.

I suspect that Audi will want a little bit more.... thanks Xedos gives me a ball park

audi charge about 80 quid for a fluid change - cant say i noticed any difference when i had mine done - AVS servive about 200 - so no more than £300 ish all in.

Gilders Sheffield

2nd AVS Service 20k

Service Cost: £360.08 inc VAT

The vehicle is approaching two years old. Audi Advise replacement of the Brake Fluid every two years.

Brake Fluid Cost £89.58 inc VAT

Sytner Nottigham

Nottingham

£250
£55

OK, d3fy. It's my turn to not go outside and look in the handbook :)

What on earth is included in the 2nd service that isn't done on the 1st? Replace the gold plated flux capacitors?

:edit:

So I went and looked. They are pulling your leg. Based on your car's mileage and age your second service should be exactly the same as my first because I had the pollen filter changed at 14k rather than have to go back or leave it until around 28k and the second service. 230ish IIRC.

The vehicle will be due for it's 2nd Variable Service, this service will include:

Full Visual Inspection
Diagnostic Checks
Road Test
Oil Change
Oil Filter Change
Pollen Filter Change
Air Filter Change
Spark Plug Change

Where you been having yours serviced Rich?

I just edited ^^^

But according to my handbook air filter is 60k, spark plugs 60k, pollen filter fair enough see above, the rest can only be their phenomenal labour rate for what is not much more than a tyre kicking excercise.

I will have a trip down to Nottingham I think, go to the Ikea for a few hours eat hot dogs, by cheap stuff, get to the till and spend a fortune but save £150 over the traveling 5 miles to Gilders

I'm ready to be corrected if anyone cares to contribute but unless I'm seriously misreading the handbook...

I did use Peter Gilder for the first service but I'd really be tempted to challenge them on why they reckon all this work needs to be done on your car.

Just paid £69.49 to have the fluid changed on mine that was the price to have it done at the same time as the service.

I just changed mine to a fixed service schedule (as I prefer it) and the cost for a 40K (on the 2.0TDi) was £264.90 including Pollen Filter and Air Filter.