EM TuningVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Price to extend the Audi warranty on a 3.2?

Has anyone got a price to extend the Audi warranty on an A3 3.2?

Is the extended warranty as comprehensive as the 3 year from new warranty?

Also are their any good alternative warrantys for Audi's?

Cheers
    FOR SALE IN THE "FOR SALE" SECTION!
    2005/05 A3 3.2 Sport Quattro
    -Avus, S-line, 1/2 leather, sat-nav, cruise, 18" RS6's, BOSE, Symphony, ambient-lighting, Audi front spoiler, Xenon's, black cloth headling, phone-prep. ABT front grill to go on the car. 15750ono

Need a dog walker in Sussex?
    www.FetchandFuss.co.uk

2. # ADS
    ADS

R8GGA

Status
    Sussex, I'm interested in this too so let me know what you find out! Are you thinking from Audi or from a third party?
    awesome cars; both gone now though
    2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG inAvus Silver, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, 18" RS4's, Bose, Tints
    2008 S3 3Dr, GIAC HAMMER, Phantom Black, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, FBMFSW, Optics, Privacy, Ipod, Rear Sensors, Armrest
    Weekend / Summer:
    2002 Ferrari 360 Modena, Nurburgring Silver, Bordeaux leather
    2006 BMW M6

4th Gear

Status
    Audi's warranty prices are silly. It's like they have no faith in their product

If you can afford it, stick a grand or two in a high interest account just in case anything goes wrong. After a year if nothings broken you have your money plus the interest.

Remember if it has a major failure and the car's been serviced correctly you may well get a "good will" payment from Audi anyway.

If you really want a warranty then Warranty Direct are cheaper but probably not as comprehensive.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff
    Audi's warranty prices are silly. It's like they have no faith in their product

If you can afford it, stick a grand or two in a high interest account just in case anything goes wrong. After a year if nothings broken you have your money plus the interest.

Remember if it has a major failure and the car's been serviced correctly you may well get a "good will" payment from Audi anyway.

If you really want a warranty then Warranty Direct are cheaper but probably not as comprehensive.
    I extended the warranty on my old A3 2.0FSI, it cost about 700, I can't remember exactly how much, but I am very glad I did! Lots of stuff needed fixing this year, I've definitely got my money back and more! Plus when I sell it, it'll have a couple months left for the new owner.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg
    I extended the warranty on my old A3 2.0FSI, it cost about 700, I can't remember exactly how much, but I am very glad I did! Lots of stuff needed fixing this year, I've definitely got my money back and more! Plus when I sell it, it'll have a couple months left for the new owner.
    But seriously, 700 for a years warranty is taking the piss.

I paid 230 for a year's warranty from Warranty Direct on our Bora V5. It needed about a grand of repairs (air con compressor - 900 and something else) that year but the following year only 60 of repairs. I was still quids in.

At the end of the day, the OP's car is a 3.2 so no chance of a cambelt breaking which is probably one of the most expensive things that can go wrong. I'd still recommend sticking a grand or two in a high interest acoount/ISA if you can afford it as you'll still have the money at the end of the year if nothing goes wrong.

Neutral

Status
    Cheers for the replies, I was really wanting the Audi warranty due to the easy of claims via an Audi dealer if its required. As I am still deciding on selling it will also be a good selling feature. I think though it goes on engine size and the 3.2 will be £1k+. I will email Audi and see if they can let me know a price? or maybe my dealership but I presume buying from a dealership will have commision added? The Warranty Direct does look a good alternative and will be an option if the Audi is mega £. Alternatively put a few £ away for repairs if they are ever required? I presume the 3.2 is a strong engine but having Quattro leaves the drive chain as possible expensive failure.
    FOR SALE IN THE "FOR SALE" SECTION!
    2005/05 A3 3.2 Sport Quattro
    -Avus, S-line, 1/2 leather, sat-nav, cruise, 18" RS6's, BOSE, Symphony, ambient-lighting, Audi front spoiler, Xenon's, black cloth headling, phone-prep. ABT front grill to go on the car. 15750ono

Need a dog walker in Sussex?
    www.FetchandFuss.co.uk