Price to extend the Audi warranty on a 3.2?

Sussex A3 3.2 Quattro

Reaction score
Has anyone got a price to extend the Audi warranty on an A3 3.2?

Is the extended warranty as comprehensive as the 3 year from new warranty?

Also are their any good alternative warrantys for Audi's?

Cheers

Audi's warranty prices are silly. It's like they have no faith in their product ;)

If you can afford it, stick a grand or two in a high interest account just in case anything goes wrong. After a year if nothings broken you have your money plus the interest.

Remember if it has a major failure and the car's been serviced correctly you may well get a "good will" payment from Audi anyway.

If you really want a warranty then Warranty Direct are cheaper but probably not as comprehensive.

Macduff said:
Audi's warranty prices are silly. It's like they have no faith in their product ;)

If you can afford it, stick a grand or two in a high interest account just in case anything goes wrong. After a year if nothings broken you have your money plus the interest.

Remember if it has a major failure and the car's been serviced correctly you may well get a "good will" payment from Audi anyway.

If you really want a warranty then Warranty Direct are cheaper but probably not as comprehensive.

I extended the warranty on my old A3 2.0FSI, it cost about £700, I can't remember exactly how much, but I am very glad I did! Lots of stuff needed fixing this year, I've definitely got my money back and more! Plus when I sell it, it'll have a couple months left for the new owner.

siu00adg said:
I extended the warranty on my old A3 2.0FSI, it cost about £700, I can't remember exactly how much, but I am very glad I did! Lots of stuff needed fixing this year, I've definitely got my money back and more! Plus when I sell it, it'll have a couple months left for the new owner.

But seriously, £700 for a years warranty is taking the ****.

I paid £230 for a year's warranty from Warranty Direct on our Bora V5. It needed about a grand of repairs (air con compressor - £900 and something else) that year but the following year only £60 of repairs. I was still quids in.

At the end of the day, the OP's car is a 3.2 so no chance of a cambelt breaking which is probably one of the most expensive things that can go wrong. I'd still recommend sticking a grand or two in a high interest acoount/ISA if you can afford it as you'll still have the money at the end of the year if nothing goes wrong.

Cheers for the replies, I was really wanting the Audi warranty due to the easy of claims via an Audi dealer if its required. As I am still deciding on selling it will also be a good selling feature. I think though it goes on engine size and the 3.2 will be £1k+. I will email Audi and see if they can let me know a price? or maybe my dealership but I presume buying from a dealership will have commision added? The Warranty Direct does look a good alternative and will be an option if the Audi is mega £. Alternatively put a few £ away for repairs if they are ever required? I presume the 3.2 is a strong engine but having Quattro leaves the drive chain as possible expensive failure.