Dealing with dealers!

Matt

Reaction score
Have not bought a brand new car before so not much experience with Audi dealers!

Have a couple of online quotes with the spec I want and want to see if a dealer can match it or see at least see how close they can get. Should I go in and get a price for the spec I want, then mention the online price after or mention that before hand?

Any other tips at all? I'm probably going to be looking at PCP finance if that helps!

Hi,

I'm currently doing the same thing. I got my cheapest online PCP quote from motorlogix.com, how about you?

At the moment i'm trying to sort out a 24 hour test drive with an S3 just to make sure everything is to my liking, however 5 weeks have passed and i'm still waiting for Audi to find me a car!

Most dealers I have spoken to have told me they dont discount the S3. Ive told them I dont mind who I buy from, but they will be the cheapest so if you dont want to discount then cheerio

I just want an S-line so hoping they will be more open to discounts than an S3! Drivethedeal came up with one of the cheapest. There was another that was £2 cheaper a month but cant remember which company that was, got the details at home.

I'd prefer to buy from the dealer but if they are a vast amount more expensive I'll have to trust the web!

Wouldn't mind seeing about 24 hour test drive myself come to think of it.

the dealers matched our quotes after a little pushing, take the quotes in with you and show them,

i try to avoid this where possible! (dealing with dealers)

consilio said:
Hi,

I'm currently doing the same thing. I got my cheapest online PCP quote from motorlogix.com, how about you?

At the moment i'm trying to sort out a 24 hour test drive with an S3 just to make sure everything is to my liking, however 5 weeks have passed and i'm still waiting for Audi to find me a car!

Most dealers I have spoken to have told me they dont discount the S3. Ive told them I dont mind who I buy from, but they will be the cheapest so if you dont want to discount then cheerio

Thats crap! There are discounts available on the S3, anything up to 7% should be possible. I got £1240 off mine :icon_thumright:

consilio said:
Hi,

Where are you based? I have recently taken delivery of my new S3 and I managed to get a 5% discount from my local dealer.

This is the spec I am pretty much decided on

2.0 TDi S-line
Audi Exclusive Colour
Vienna leather upholstery
3 Spoke leather multi function steering wheel
Aluminium gear knob
Automatic folding door mirrors + heated washer jet
BOSE sound system
Cruise control
Front centre armrest
GSM phone preparation in front centre armrest
Heated front seats
Interior light package
Rear carpet mats
Xenon headlights including washers + auto range ad

Matt, Have you tried the Bose? I thought it was really poor (audio is my job)
Also I find the armrest a bit pointless due to it getting in the way of the hand brake and my arm when up, all the others are the same as I went for

Yeah I noticed it gets in the way of the handbrake! But its good for when cruising along on dual carriageways/motorways which I do a bit of.

I didn't turn the stereo on when I went for my test drive so no not tried BOSE. I'm sure they will have a car for me to listen to it in though alongside a normal one. I've got aftermarket speakers & amps in my current car so I know whatever I go for I'm going to end up with a worse stereo but dont want to be messing round with sound systems anymore so thought I'd go for the BOSE option.

Set both the Symphony and The Bose to 0 on everything, the Symphony is much better, the bose is sloppy and nasty. a very poor effort from them really

consilio said:
Hi,

Ordered my new A3 Sportback 2.0 Tdi S-line from Motorlogix last Monday. Went with the PCP option. They use Freeway (RBS) for the finance. They rang me on the Monday afternoon to get my details and had the decision on Tuesday morning. The suppling dealer rang me Tuesday afternoon (Bexley Audi) to confirm the order and I had all the paperwork last Thursday. Very efficient and definitely recommend them.

My local dealer couldn't come close to the price Motorlogix offered. When it went through on last Monday afternoon, the actual monthly PCP price was a few quid cheaper than the on-line system originally quoted.

My car is expected early December - can't wait!

I worked out the price of my car on DriveTheDeal, then e-mailed my local dealer with the spec I wanted, told them the DriveTheDeal quote, and they came back with a quote that was within £200 of the DriveTheDeal quote, and a reasonable p/x value for my old car. No questions, no ifs or buts, they just gave me the discount (10% I believe it was).

if anyone is interested, please drop me a line at alastair.cunningham@listersgroup.co.uk to see if I can beat any deal for you? not promising anything, but mroe than happy to look at the figures on anything Audi when you're ready to buy.

kindest regards

alastair cunningham
Listers Audi Stratford

I got my dealer to match drive the deal. Went into my local dealer they said " we dont deal with list price we deal with how much you can afford a month". I kept asking for discount got no where.

Phoned dealer in Tyneside and they said "come in for a chat and a copy of the quote and you may be suprised"

Got up there, showed the dealer the drive the deal quote he agreed then I changed the spec :redface:

Still got the same discount... paid deposit there and then.. and the rest is how we say history

when buying a new car i allways play all the local and not so local dealers off against each other, like "well X dealer has offered me Y", can you beat that? then go back and forth with them all. i ended up get a very very very good deal on my A3 SLINE that way, all from the comfort of my arm-chair at home without all the treking around.

Went along to my dealers today and they could not offer me anything like the Drive the Deal price!

However they have offered me a month old Phantom Black 2.0TDi 170 S-line for a reasonable rate. Can have it immediately if I decide its the car for me. Does not have all the options I would of liked but I may still take them up on it. Told them I will think it over...

Didn't want a 170 originally but now I've been and driven one I may well buy it, suprising how much quicker it was than the 140 :hubbahubba:

Make sure you read the "Audi DPF document" before buying the 170 to make sure you are happy with it.

If your dealer won't match the dtd price, find one that will nearby, one will. They are trying it on.

10% on a "normal" car is achievable, and 5.5% on S3's is doable, if you speak to the right people ;)