Status

Leather Interior - Fit it or sell it?

Hi

I have bought a full cream leather interior for my car,
    front seats
    back seats
    door cards and rear cards
    and arm rest

Cost quite a bit of money but strugling at the moment so not sure whether to sell it or keep it and get it fitted?

Only gonna cost about 100 to get it fitted locally but unsure......

Got if for sale on this site if anyone wants to see any pics, heres the link

http://audi-sport.net/classifieds/sh...hp?product=951

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    why pay someone to fit it when it can be easily done yourself which will save you a few quid

Neutral

Status
    Not sure how hard it will be to fit, looks easy enough but dont want to make a mess of it

Couped Out

Status
    as Robin says, fit it yourself, not hard, out of interest, how much did you get the lot for and where from?

va va voom

Status
    how can you mess it up, ???

if you do then pay someone £100 to sort it, first try your self
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

1st Gear

Status
    My advice would be have a look at the backs of all the door cards and see if the clips are there or have broken. If they are all there and in good condition do it yourself. This is the "difficult bit" the rest is very very easy.

If they are not there then find one that is ok, wander down to your local Audi dealer and order the replacement s plus 2-3 extras. Then have a go yourself. remember when you take yours off it may all come aoff and you will have spares etc anyway. The issue is that retrofitting individual clips can be a real pain.

Also when you come to take yours off, look at where the clips are on your new ones and that will help you get the old off. Do it carefullly and you can then sell your interior on this site or ebay. someone will buy it as
    2007 A6 Allroad 3.2 FSI Quattro - Lava Grey, sports seats, silver Headlining, Acoustic parking, armrest, multi-function steering wheel, cruise control, Xenons, , Sat nav, GSM, Audi MMI

6th Gear

Status
    If it's only going to cost £100,I'd get it fitted.
    The hell with putting yourself into the contortions needed to DIY.
    I've watched that bloke off 'wheeler dealers' do it several times.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    If it's only going to cost 100,I'd get it fitted.
    The hell with putting yourself into the contortions needed to DIY.
    Exactly. Know your limits, that's my motto. I don't care how easy everyone says it is, I was born cack handed. If you balls it up you have the walk of shame and confirmation that you're an idiot. If they balls it up you get to shout at them and demand it's put right. Easy choice for me

A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line

Gone...and quite quickly forgotten

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by killa_z
    as Robin says, fit it yourself, not hard, out of interest, how much did you get the lot for and where from?
    Got if for 750 off ebay, would take 650 for it though as stugling a bit at the moment. PM me if your interested.

Cheers for the comments guy, i can see both sides of the argument here however i have changed door cards on my previous car and 2 of the clips were broken and there was a slight rattle (i HATE it when something rattles in my car, even more when i know i made it rattle lol).
    However it does not look hard at all to fit, just the clips are putting me off!
    Still cant really decide if i should be getting it fitted or give it a try myself.

Couped Out

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gordybaillie
    Got if for 750 off ebay, would take 650 for it though as stugling a bit at the moment. PM me if your interested.

Cheers for the comments guy, i can see both sides of the argument here however i have changed door cards on my previous car and 2 of the clips were broken and there was a slight rattle (i HATE it when something rattles in my car, even more when i know i made it rattle lol).
    However it does not look hard at all to fit, just the clips are putting me off!
    Still cant really decide if i should be getting it fitted or give it a try myself.

if someone would be wiling to swap it for a black set from their car, i'd buy it off you and do the trade that way???

Neutral

Status
    Black leather? PM if your interested, cheers

Couped Out

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gordybaillie
    Black leather? PM if your interested, cheers

yes, im after a black leather interior set if possible and if there is anyone who prefers the cream over the black and already has the black and is willing to trade, we could have a win-win-win situation, i may even pay for removing and fitting costs

if this applies to you, give me a shout