New A3

Matt

Reaction score
Is there anyway of finding out a definate year for the current A3's replacement?

I'm all set to order a new A3 but now I'm having 2nd thoughts as I dont want to buy one only for a new one to come out a year later! And I doubt the dealer will tell me as all they are interested in is a sale now.

Its next year according to autocar, not much of a change, trim bumpers etc, looks like the back end might go like the sportback. The cabriolet is also launched next year.

Keep reading posts stating its being replaced till late 2009/ early 2010

which suits me fine. plenty of time between now and then

Last week AutoCar said a facelift version will be released next year, with new led lights, side repeater mirrors, new rear lights blah blah, and a completey new version on the road in 2012. And yes there will be a new golf mk 6 to cut production costs.

But who knows....

Surefire sign is when they start chucking reduced cost,or free,extras at the existing model,to get them shifted.
Like they have with the A4 for some time (cheap satnav etc.)
No sign of that with the A3....yet.
I'm ordering my new company car soon and I'm deliberately avoiding cars that are due for a replacement,even if it's just a rumour.
So the likes of the Honda Accord is out,for example.
The new A4,Alfa 159,Honda CRV and 3 series are all in,because they are all relatively new models already.

Autocar always get new model dates wrong and say certain cars are being released when they never do.

On another thread someone posted the completely new A3 in not out until 2010...