Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

New 3.2 V6 owner

Hi all

Newbie alert first post, picked up an 04 3.2 V6 last week which has brought the smile back to my face which had long gone with my previous Golf GTI 1.8T (which to be fair served me pretty well)

It's an S-line DSG and am really pleased after some initial reservations about the auto box (still braking with left foot at standstills though making me look like a complete tw*t

My only slight worry at the moment is the 'knock on front door with weapon asking for keys' factor which presumably is quite a bit less with the V6 than the S3 but hopefully other owners can put my mind at rest by saying the slightly more discreet look is enough to put the scallys off!

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Good choice of car, the 3.2 sounds great as u are no doubt already aware. Get some pics up. I've had mine for nearly 2 years and no worry about theft but I live in a decent post code. I was concerned when I had my EVO 6 when they first came out but still I had no problems. Both cars where garaged tho and the garage is covered with a monitored alarm.
    FOR SALE IN THE "FOR SALE" SECTION!
    2005/05 A3 3.2 Sport Quattro
    -Avus, S-line, 1/2 leather, sat-nav, cruise, 18" RS6's, BOSE, Symphony, ambient-lighting, Audi front spoiler, Xenon's, black cloth headling, phone-prep. ABT front grill to go on the car. 15750ono

Need a dog walker in Sussex?
    www.FetchandFuss.co.uk

1st Gear

Status
    Chris

Welcome to the dark side

The 3.2 is very discreet. If you are really worried, just make sure you always reverse it into the drive that way no one will ever know

I doubt that you will regret your choice
    2007 A6 Allroad 3.2 FSI Quattro - Lava Grey, sports seats, silver Headlining, Acoustic parking, armrest, multi-function steering wheel, cruise control, Xenons, , Sat nav, GSM, Audi MMI

Reverse Gear

Status
    Good point - reverse into the drive and see the neighbours suprise when they ask about the new motor..."OH REALLY 3.2 V6?! Is that standard?"

2nd Gear

Status
    Reminds me of the day when we swopped our first BMW mini
    Drove away from home with a red/white cooper and returned one hour later with a red/white Works cooper s all the neighbour said "your car sounds like its misfiring" (exhaust popping a bit )

Redlined

Status

Wink

People get in, I start it up, and not surprisingly they usually say, "Oooh, what size engine is that?"

My standard reply: "Large"
    Dave.
    2006 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-line DSG in Lava Grey.
    Symphony II, BOSE, Parking Sensor, Cruise Control.
    TomTom Go 700, Parrot 3100

Previously...
    2002 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 Selespeed Veloce. Yum - nuff said.
    1993-2002 Eight Vauxhalls - mandatory for company scheme. Highlights were two Vectra 2.5 V6 GSi's - one of which R.I.P.
    1991 Peugeot 205 1.4 XS. On the right road, possibly the most fun of anything I've ever driven.
    1989 Talbot Horizon 1.3. Yeah, yeah, but it was fine - honest.

R8GGA

Status
    Great choice! I've had mine about 2 months now - similar year and spec to yours and I'm still smiling!

I don't think you need to worry too much about theft...just make sure you don't leave your keys by the front door so they can't fish them out through the letterbox!
    awesome cars; both gone now though
    2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG inAvus Silver, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, 18" RS4's, Bose, Tints
    2008 S3 3Dr, GIAC HAMMER, Phantom Black, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, FBMFSW, Optics, Privacy, Ipod, Rear Sensors, Armrest
    Weekend / Summer:
    2002 Ferrari 360 Modena, Nurburgring Silver, Bordeaux leather
    2006 BMW M6