New 3.2 V6 owner

chrisred

Reaction score
Hi all

Newbie alert first post, picked up an 04 3.2 V6 last week which has brought the smile back to my face which had long gone with my previous Golf GTI 1.8T (which to be fair served me pretty well)

It's an S-line DSG and am really pleased after some initial reservations about the auto box (still braking with left foot at standstills though making me look like a complete tw*t :)

My only slight worry at the moment is the 'knock on front door with weapon asking for keys' factor which presumably is quite a bit less with the V6 than the S3 but hopefully other owners can put my mind at rest by saying the slightly more discreet look is enough to put the scallys off!

Cheers

Good choice of car, the 3.2 sounds great as u are no doubt already aware. Get some pics up. I've had mine for nearly 2 years and no worry about theft but I live in a decent post code. I was concerned when I had my EVO 6 when they first came out but still I had no problems. Both cars where garaged tho and the garage is covered with a monitored alarm.

Chris

Welcome to the dark side

The 3.2 is very discreet. If you are really worried, just make sure you always reverse it into the drive that way no one will ever know

I doubt that you will regret your choice

Good point - reverse into the drive and see the neighbours suprise when they ask about the new motor..."OH REALLY 3.2 V6?! Is that standard?"

Reminds me of the day when we swopped our first BMW mini
Drove away from home with a red/white cooper and returned one hour later with a red/white Works cooper s all the neighbour said "your car sounds like its misfiring" (exhaust popping a bit ):hubbahubba:

People get in, I start it up, and not surprisingly they usually say, "Oooh, what size engine is that?"

My standard reply: "Large" ;)

Great choice! I've had mine about 2 months now - similar year and spec to yours and I'm still smiling!

I don't think you need to worry too much about theft...just make sure you don't leave your keys by the front door so they can't fish them out through the letterbox!