Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Selling my car before it's been delivered?!

Hi Everyone.
    I bought a new A3 back in Dec 06. I had a number of problems with it and finally managed to get Audi to reject the car. I have since ordered an A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI Sline Quattro in Mauritius Blue. Due to a slight change in circumstances (baby on the way and increase in interest rates!), I'm considering selling the car that's now on order before even taking delivery of it from Audi! As the car will be kind of brand new (with 1 previous owner, apparently I have to be the first registered owner of the car), I have no idea what sort of price to expect... I was hoping the helpful visitors to this forum might be able to give me some kind of idea! For reference I asked Audi to quote me on buying it back and they told me 20k.

Not sure it makes a massive difference, but the options on the car are:

Quattro
    Rear Parking Sensors
    Lumbar Support
    Alum Roof Rails
    Privacy Glass
    Bose
    Ipod Connector
    Front Arm Rest

I think the ROTR price is about 26-27k with all the options.

Thanks in advance for any feedback this post receives!!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

VAGOwners.co.uk

Status
    Just cancel your order and loose your deposit. Probably the cheapest options for you, and the least hassle.
    Audi A3 S-Line 2.0TDi DSG in Dolphin Grey - Click here for pics
    Leather Seats - Symphony III - Full Leather - Light/Rain Sensors - Cruise Control - Storage/Luggage Packs - Electric folding/auto diming mirrors - Parking Sensors - Armrest

Neutral

Status
    Problem is the car is a replacement for the rejected vehicle, I can't cancel it. I can't complain too much as I'm getting a brand new car from Audi having already had a year's free, albeit extremely hassled, motoring.

VAGOwners.co.uk

Status
    Ah, fair enough then. I'd imagine you could get more than the 20k Audi are offering if you sold privately. Have you tried contacting the dealer who you are going to be buying the new car from? They might give you a decent p/x deal, even if you end up driving round in it for a month or so.
    Audi A3 S-Line 2.0TDi DSG in Dolphin Grey - Click here for pics
    Leather Seats - Symphony III - Full Leather - Light/Rain Sensors - Cruise Control - Storage/Luggage Packs - Electric folding/auto diming mirrors - Parking Sensors - Armrest

1st Gear

Status
    You can expect them to take a 4k hit on the forecourt at least for the pleasure of 1 previous owner. They will then be wanting a couple of grand profit and they are probably trying to make up the loss on the other car.

Your best bet is to either drive it for 6 months and sell it or try and sell it immediately but diff in price will be minor I suspect
    2007 A6 Allroad 3.2 FSI Quattro - Lava Grey, sports seats, silver Headlining, Acoustic parking, armrest, multi-function steering wheel, cruise control, Xenons, , Sat nav, GSM, Audi MMI

4th Gear

Status
    Why does the car have to be registered in your name first? I don't see why that has to happen.

If you can get the dealer to agree, you could try advertising it as new, unregistered and then the dealer simply registers it in your buyer's name.

R8GGA

Status
    Presumably because the dealer have told Audi to replace the car on their warranty, and Audi will want to see (and maybe will check) that it gets registered to the owner in question...
    awesome cars; both gone now though
    2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG inAvus Silver, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, 18" RS4's, Bose, Tints
    2008 S3 3Dr, GIAC HAMMER, Phantom Black, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, FBMFSW, Optics, Privacy, Ipod, Rear Sensors, Armrest
    Weekend / Summer:
    2002 Ferrari 360 Modena, Nurburgring Silver, Bordeaux leather
    2006 BMW M6

Neutral

Status
    Yep, Audi must see the car registered in my name before they release the additional funds they have agreed to pay in order to supply the new car... Or something like that!!

Neutral

Status
    Try selling to Fontain. www.fontain.co.uk. They may offer you more than a dealer and they are not too far from you only about 1hr's drive.
    FOR SALE IN THE "FOR SALE" SECTION!
    2005/05 A3 3.2 Sport Quattro
    -Avus, S-line, 1/2 leather, sat-nav, cruise, 18" RS6's, BOSE, Symphony, ambient-lighting, Audi front spoiler, Xenon's, black cloth headling, phone-prep. ABT front grill to go on the car. 15750ono

Need a dog walker in Sussex?
    www.FetchandFuss.co.uk

5th Gear

Status
    put it on autrotrader asa brand new unregistered car order - someone will buy it you see people doing this all the time with M3s porshces etc with high waiting lists, but shoudl work for an A3 also - even if you let it go for a couple of grand below OTR someone iwll snap it becuae it will be a bargain

4th Gear

Status
    Which West Sussex dealer are you dealing with out of interest mate?
    Sportback