Has anyone tried the BP Ultimate 102?

b00

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has tried this rocket fuel in an S3???

Does it make it more / less economical, blow the engine or go like s*%t off a shovel??

And how much does this rocket fuel cost per litre?

Would it make any difference? Our cars are designed to run on 98 but adapt to lower eg 95. Am I right in thinking 102 would just be a waste unless the car is tuned to use it? I think the 102 is more suitable for some of the Japanese rockets. It's more widely available over there and export vehicles are detuned for 95/98.

Shao_khan said:
At over £2 a litre and a local garage - I just look and wish I had £100 spare to fill the car up!!!!

:hubbahubba:

£2.42 per litre to be precise. I tried £30 worth on my way home tonight. Feels smoother. I'm about to get me exhaust done so I'll get a Vpower run, a BP 102 run and then before and after exhaust runs. Should be interesting.

My car is tuned. Surely there must be some in built tolerance in the engine management system to allow for varying octane levels?

I assume our engines have a knock sensor that will advance the ignition until it detects pre-ignition? Maybe there's a threshold of advance that it won't cross though.

CJP80 said:
My car is tuned. Surely there must be some in built tolerance in the engine management system to allow for varying octane levels?

There is and if you put lower octane fuel in it will ****** the ignition to compansate. The car is only mapped for 98ron though and cant advance the ignition much more than what its mapped for. For the ECU to adjust to a chnage in ron takes about 3-4 tanks full of the same fuel, which is alot of money for no gain if the car is mapped for 98ron. That fuel is for jap import cars(they run on 101 ron in japan) as has been said and cars mapped to take advantage of the higher ron.