Volks AutosSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S3 discounts

1st Gear

Status

S3 discounts

I searched and found an old August thread started by 'staz1000' talking about 7% on the S3, but rather than bring that one to the top, can I ask again - anybody get a discount on an S3 in the last couple of months?

Also, if you had a trade in, did you end up getting less for your old car, as at the end of the day there must be only so much a dealer can take off? Surely the actual cost to swap is what counts, and if he says he's giving *% off one then you probably lose it on the other side of the deal?

I've asked the dealer I got my last 2 A3's from if anything was available yet and got a flat no - but that was just my 1st time of asking

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I didn't get any discount - ordered back in June.

I asked a couple of times and the salesman went to his manager, said they weren't allowed as they are part of a bigger group and no discounts allowed on S3 / TT.

Dunno if that's really true but the manager phoned me later on to explain and said he had got the best price for my car possible - blah - blah - blah!

Managed to get the paint protection thing thrown in but that's all.

Their story was that they can only order 6 S3's per year - two of which are demonstrators, if this is true then why give discounts when some people will pay full price?

Salesman said there are 1500 S3s in UK per year and no more.

1st Gear

Status
    I've spoke to several dealers who said no - Group policy is Dont discount S, RS and TT models.
    Nothing to see here: Woofdoggy , move along please........

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao_khan
    I've spoke to several dealers who said no - Group policy is Dont discount S, RS and TT models.
    I was told exactly the same by my dealer. Bu then managed to get a 5% discount the next day

I just told the dealer, "if you don't give me the discount, i'll go to somone who will" It worked and they agreed!

If you are after a discount, just do the same, and if they say no, go to another dealer. Luckily mine was willing to agree, but i live in the Midlands and there are loads of other dealers around i would have gone to if they wouldn't give me the S3 at the price i wanted.

I think someone did manage the 7%, i think it was madalex, but i'm not sure.

S3-less untill December

Status
    I think someone did manage the 7%, i think it was madalex, but i'm not sure.[/quote]

Yes hello , i managed a 7% discount on the car and options . but i think their margain in the car is like 10% and they make no money , i tried for 8% but as know one else was even giving me 4% i took it

Neutral

Status
    I ordered last week and got a 5% discount. Got full book price on my trade in too.

S3-less untill December

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by g5und
    I ordered last week and got a 5% discount. Got full book price on my trade in too.
    is Thats for an a3 tho ?

1st Gear

Status
    Ordered my S3 last month, dealer said no discounts. No problem I said because you will make it up on my part exchange which they did.

b00
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi,

I'm new to audi-sport but have just taken delivery of my new S3 so thought i'd find a forum to join - this seems the best!

I got an 8% discount from Parklands Audi in Gloucester on mine and they also threw in the 3 year GAP insurance for 350 @ 0% and Audi Finance did me 8.1% on the PCP scheme.

I took the one out of the show room and they registered it on a 57 plate so no wait either, plus it had all the options i wanted execpt cruise control which they retro fitted for me. I'd definately recommend!

S3 Sprint Blue, DVD satnav, Rain & Light sensor pack, Bose, Parking sensors, Bluetooth in armrest, flat-bottom multifunction steering wheel,auto dimming mirrors, cruise control, two tone silk nappa seats, interior light pack and IPod - all for 28,953.56

Ben

b00
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry, £29,853.56!

S3-less untill December

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by b00
    Sorry, 29,853.56!
    Thas good i got one on order for delivery next week or so, Its Phantom Black , bucket seats , Sat nav , Blutooth , Flat bottom s/w , Bose , Tinted glass , Sunroof , Cd changer and Optics pack for 30,500

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by b00
    Hi,

they also threw in the 3 year GAP insurance for 350 @ 0% and Audi Finance did me 8.1% on the PCP scheme.
    Ben
    No wonder you got a discount

2007 S3 Phantom Black - All the toys!

b00
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Didge
    No wonder you got a discount
    Well i actually got the price of the car agreed before i even talked about finance - i was going to do a private finance through work but couldnt be arsed in the end
    Triumph Daytona 675 - Black
    Audi S3 - Sprint Blue

Sepang Blue S3

Status
    I Got around 800 Off..

DM
    2012 Porsche Cayman R Peridot Green MY12
    2011 Porsche Cayman S Basalt Black MY08

2010 S3 Sepang Blue MY10
    2009 S3 Imola Yellow MY09
    2007 S3 Solar Orange MY08
    2005 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line 200Bhp MY06 : Misano Red
    2003 A3 2.0Tdi Sport 140Bhp MY04 : Brilliant Black

Neutral

Status
    Yes my 5% discount was on an S3. That was with Hatfield Audi.

1st Gear

Status
    I got just over 1200 off list price and 7.2% finance. No trade in cause the figure they offered was an insult!
    "Why So Serious?"

Audi Stratford

Status
    i know where you could get a good deal. drop me a line when you are ready alastair.cunningham@listersgroup.co.uk

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IH786
    "if you don't give me the discount, i'll go to somone who will"
    Seems like the perfect answer to me. I know of a couple of people offering the 7% so I'll go to them. I don't mind having to travel to collect either. My current car was from Brighton and I live in Bedford!

I'm not sure of the list price for mine but they're offering me 17250 for it at the 13.5 month point with up to 15k miles. I'm taking it as they don't need me to put a deposit down on the next car!
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aliaudi
    i know where you could get a good deal. drop me a line when you are ready alastair.cunningham@listersgroup.co.uk
    I know... if only your wife liked DSG

It'll probably be the price (if I can get a good deal) that'll swing it. I'm happy with what I have, it's still very new to be considering a replacement too, but the S3 just keeps calling. If it wasn't going to hurt the wallet too much I could be persuaded

1st Gear

Status
    Mind you, there is one thing that would delay me...

when is this coming, and will it be on the S3 as well?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stewarta13wsb
    I know... if only your wife liked DSG

It'll probably be the price (if I can get a good deal) that'll swing it. I'm happy with what I have, it's still very new to be considering a replacement too, but the S3 just keeps calling. If it wasn't going to hurt the wallet too much I could be persuaded
    Why don't you buy mine? Only 2 months old, no need to bother with dealer discounts, comes from an excellent home and will be sadly missed .....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/249163.htm
    I wouldn't be so paranoid if everyone wasn't out to get me......

Spook's Silv3r Ghost - with Recaro bucket seats - is here!

S3-less untill December

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook
    Why don't you buy mine? Only 2 months old, no need to bother with dealer discounts, comes from an excellent home and will be sadly missed .....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/249163.htm

Whys it going mate , looks amzing in silver there

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by madalex
    Whys it going mate , looks amzing in silver there
    Can't go into too much detail as to why it's going, but I'm considering replacing it with a second-hand version of what you are currently driving.

Can you give me your thoughts; what's the R32 like to drive day to day, how does the quality compare with the S3, is the fuel consumption as horrendous as they say, and why are you changing yours for an S3?
    I wouldn't be so paranoid if everyone wasn't out to get me......

Spook's Silv3r Ghost - with Recaro bucket seats - is here!

Neutral

Status
    Maybe I could answer your question on the R32 as this is what I'm trading in for my S3!

Personally, I feel the build quality isn't anywhere near as good as the S3, the fuel consumption is pretty bad yes! I average around 14-18mpg around town and around 26mpg on a run!

Don't get me wrong, the R32 is a great car and sounds awsome but the S3 feels a little more special.

S3-less untill December

Status
    Can you give me your thoughts; what's the R32 like to drive day to day, how does the quality compare with the S3, is the fuel consumption as horrendous as they say, and why are you changing yours for an S3?[/quote]

Right then , the reasons im changing , tuneability is awfull on them , u have to spend around 2 grand for just over 25 bhp gain , Quality is lacking a tiny bit , Not much tho , and they arnt very specable from factory ,not a lover of the front end , S3 with a milltek will have more of a tune , Bose ,
    on the other hand it has the same 4wd sytems as the S3, R32 sounds better than any other hothatch , Fuel economy doesnt bother me aslong is i have the car i love but it is bad i will be doing an easy 15 pounds a day , people say its the more boy racer of the hot hatched which annoys me altho i am only 19 , Deep blue Pearl What a colour and only colour to have , Vw warranty services are fantastic.

Hope this helps , ask if u want videos or pictures or any other advice

5th Gear

Status
    Right then , the reasons im changing , tuneability is awfull on them , u have to spend around 2 grand for just over 25 bhp gain , Quality is lacking a tiny bit , Not much tho , and they arnt very specable from factory ,not a lover of the front end , S3 with a milltek will have more of a tune , Bose ,
    on the other hand it has the same 4wd sytems as the S3, R32 sounds better than any other hothatch , Fuel economy doesnt bother me aslong is i have the car i love but it is bad i will be doing an easy 15 pounds a day , people say its the more boy racer of the hot hatched which annoys me altho i am only 19 , Deep blue Pearl What a colour and only colour to have , Vw warranty services are fantastic.

Hope this helps , ask if u want videos or pictures or any other advice
    I agree the S3 is slightly better car than the R32 overall. But I really don't think it's worth the money you dropped buying an R32, modding it, selling it and then buying an S3.

I don't see much of a point buying a new car unless it's a fair amount better than the previous car, I thought I was a bit silly going from a 2.0FSI A3 to a 2.0TFSI S3! But I'm glad I did!

S3-less untill December

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg
    I agree the S3 is slightly better car than the R32 overall. But I really don't think it's worth the money you dropped buying an R32, modding it, selling it and then buying an S3.

I don't see much of a point buying a new car unless it's a fair amount better than the previous car, I thought I was a bit silly going from a 2.0FSI A3 to a 2.0TFSI S3! But I'm glad I did!
    I didnt tune it , just wacked some coilovers on it , i will be tuning my s3 and keeping it a while , lol i had a 1.6 a3 with full s line as my first car then r32 and now running back to audi , same as u , u just cant beat them

5th Gear

Status
    I didnt tune it , just wacked some coilovers on it , i will be tuning my s3 and keeping it a while , lol i had a 1.6 a3 with full s line as my first car then r32 and now running back to audi , same as u , u just cant beat them
    From a 1.6 to a 3.2! quite a step up!

1st Gear

Status
    Hi all, was browsing the search forum out of interest and came across this forum. I got new S3 on order from 3rd Mar 2008 - expected delivery mid-end Apr and I managed a discount from dealer without too much negotiating!!
    Options include:
    Phantom black pearlescent paint
    3 spoke MFFBSW
    DVD sat nav (RNS-E)
    Cruise control
    Park sensors
    Bose
    Tyre pressure indiactor
    Adaptive xenons
    Front centre armrest
    Interior light pack
    Privacy glass
    Light and rain sensor pack
    Elec lumbar
    GSM phone prep (armrest)
    Auto dimming and folding mirrors

List price 32,700 ish (cant remember to the exact pound)
    Negotiated to 31,000
    Trade in value of my current A3 (2.0T quattro S-line lava grey 55plate) 14,000
    (Dealer originally offered 13,700 for trade in)

All in all I managed 2000 discount with full tank of petrol and Audi umbrella. So it works out to be approx 6.1% discount

Bottom line - Haggle and negotiate - you dont get if you dont ask!!

1st Gear

Status
    I ordered my S3 at the end of January through a broker (www.bettercardeal.co.uk - now only offering 5%) and managed to get just under 11% discount including options. I am now dealing with Audi Wimbledon.

However, I'm a little worried by the preceding post as I have not yet been informed about an estimated delivery date.

I think that a phone call might be in order tomorrow......
    Present - 8V S3 3 Door S3 S-Tronic. Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Super Sports Seats, Technology Pack, Folding & Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Bang & Olufsen, Comfort Pack with Cruise Control & Rear Parking Sensors, Reversible Boot Liner, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Non Smoking Pack, Hold Assist

Past "Highlights" - 2008 S3 (8P2), 2004 Alfa 147GTa, 1999 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo LE, 1994 Astra GSi 16v

1st Gear

Status
    Hello Splat,
    May I ask what you paid & what options you choose as I currently looking to purchase a S3 myself & that sounds like a good deal??

Thanks in advance

1st Gear

Status
    My spec is:
    Sprint Blue
    Adaptive Lights
    Bose
    Parking Sensors
    Light & Rain Sensors
    Dimming & Folding Mirrors
    Tyre Pressure Sensors
    Flat Bottomed Wheel

I think that the list price was 29275, my deal is for 26167.

My local dealer was not prepared to offer me a discount before Christmas, but offered me 5% after. As I said, www.bettercardeal.co.uk don't seem to be doing this deal anymore but it does show what should be available. In fact, Sam Shah as bettercardeal was very honest and told me that his cut is 1% of the deal. So, potentially, somewhere is a 11+% deal available...
    Present - 8V S3 3 Door S3 S-Tronic. Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Super Sports Seats, Technology Pack, Folding & Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Bang & Olufsen, Comfort Pack with Cruise Control & Rear Parking Sensors, Reversible Boot Liner, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Non Smoking Pack, Hold Assist

Past "Highlights" - 2008 S3 (8P2), 2004 Alfa 147GTa, 1999 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo LE, 1994 Astra GSi 16v

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers thats a good spec I have been to a couple of dealers they were actually able to match but not better the bettercardeal website so I think it would be tight to get anything better than 25.5K + options still 1500 off so not bad just shows worth asking and shopping around

5th Gear

Status
    I managed to get a good discount on my S3, just over 1500 which i was happy with

5th Gear

Status
    Anyone got a recent deal on an S3?
    Porsche 997 Carrera 4 S - Black, Sport Chrono, Sport seats, PCM, Nav, Tel, Park assist and rear wiper (Yes!, its an option!)
    2012 Audi Q7 Sline Plus - Daytona Grey ,Nav+, Wheel upgrade, Storage and tow pack.

Gone -2007 S5 4.2 ,2008 S3, 2007 TTC 3.2, 2007 RS4 Saloon, 2004 S4 Saloon, 2006 A4 2.0T Sline SE,2002 A3 3.2 Sline, 2001 A4 1.8T,2001 Boxster, 1983 911SC,1992 Corrado G60,1988 GTi.

(Vag com owner)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Splathead View Post
    I ordered my S3 at the end of January through a broker (www.bettercardeal.co.uk - now only offering 5%) and managed to get just under 11% discount including options. I am now dealing with Audi Wimbledon.

However, I'm a little worried by the preceding post as I have not yet been informed about an estimated delivery date.

I think that a phone call might be in order tomorrow......
    I ordered mine at the start of feb and pick up next tuesday, and got a healthy discount
    www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk VW California hire and sales

5th Gear

Status
    a clue would be nice Oli! ...
    Porsche 997 Carrera 4 S - Black, Sport Chrono, Sport seats, PCM, Nav, Tel, Park assist and rear wiper (Yes!, its an option!)
    2012 Audi Q7 Sline Plus - Daytona Grey ,Nav+, Wheel upgrade, Storage and tow pack.

Gone -2007 S5 4.2 ,2008 S3, 2007 TTC 3.2, 2007 RS4 Saloon, 2004 S4 Saloon, 2006 A4 2.0T Sline SE,2002 A3 3.2 Sline, 2001 A4 1.8T,2001 Boxster, 1983 911SC,1992 Corrado G60,1988 GTi.

(Vag com owner)

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The911SC View Post
    a clue would be nice Oli! ...

the clue is 'healthy' we want the amount!!

5th Gear

Status
    I spoke with Better car deal as mentioned in this thread and the deal looks good; 5.25% as on their website...

(Vag com owner)

1st Gear

Status
    Deal is now 10% on bettercardeal dont go for anything less than 1500 off if you goto a dealer.

Funny that as I recheck its now back to 5% off was 10% earlier in the day I did mention this to a dealer I wonder if they got them to correct it ......Damn
    Last edited by Dave1000; 20th March 2008 at 22:37.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast