German Ebay

gordybaillie

Reaction score
Hi

Looking on German Ebay to see what there is, may be a silly question but is there any way of translating it to English? (apart from learning German lol)

Also anyone bought anything off German ebay and how did you get on?

Thanks

I bought from Austrian eBay and used babelfish. I just copy/pasted the bits I wasn't sure about. As consilio says, you get the gist of it.

gordybaillie said:
Hi

Looking on German Ebay to see what there is, may be a silly question but is there any way of translating it to English? (apart from learning German lol)

Also anyone bought anything off German ebay and how did you get on?

Thanks
Who you looking to buy off mate?

Im currently having a bit of a nightmare with a dealer called ABT_sporsline_GMBH, Ill let you know how I get on. :(

You can also use the translator within Micorsoft Word, click on Tools, Language and then translate. It works reasonably well, I work for a French company and use it all the time.

I use http://www.worldlingo.com to translate German eBay sites, and it works fairly well. Also use it to translate questions for vendors.

I've bought various Audi bits from Germany over the last couple of years; things like an S-Line badge, removal keys for the Symphony II/RNS-E, exterior lighting switch and some others I've forgotten!

Had absolutely no problems, but always ask for postage costs to the UK first, and beware that very few German sellers seem to use PayPal. In fact one guy I actually posted the cash in Euros, taped to the back of some cardboard. Not recommended.

I've bought plenty off ebay.de and had no problems. Everything from porsche calipers, ally mirrors and an Ed 30 rear apron. Watch out for the post on bumpers though. Not so much the cost , but getting someone to carry it. Most couriers said too big. Only one was UPS.

Chris.

I find the best way is to find the page you want, copy and paste the address into google and then click translate into english from the first search result. That way all other pages you click on are also translated.

how did you fellas communicate with the sellers? did you simply type in english and send or did you type it up in english then translate to german then paste and send?

I typed in english and he typed back in german.

My grill tirned up yesterday too :). After 4 weeks of waiting :), not sure Im actualy gonna fit it though.

benw123 said:
Had absolutely no problems, but always ask for postage costs to the UK first, and beware that very few German sellers seem to use PayPal. In fact one guy I actually posted the cash in Euros, taped to the back of some cardboard. Not recommended.

Yeah they dont really do VISA or Mastercard in Germany, everyone transfers via the banks...

No but i need to know how , i have all their bank details but cnt figure out who to ring to transfer the money, can some one please help

Have you tried to do it via internet banking? If that doesn't work then call your bank and ask to transfer money abroad, give them the account details and they'll sort it for you. It will cost you to do it (£ to euro conversion and for international transfer) and they may ask if you want to pay the fees at the other end so to speak.

Hope this helps.

madalex said:
No but i need to know how , i have all their bank details but cnt figure out who to ring to transfer the money, can some one please help

hi depends on who you bank with.
i think here in the uk most bank you cant transfer internationally online.
i transfer quite some money to Holland and have to go to my bank for that and fill out some form.
main reason for this is, to charge £20.00 :-(
just to clarify: in the whole EU (continent) it is law now that international bank transfers are free....

you will need the guy's account number, name and address, and also his iban and swiftbic.

this is why when i buy from germany i try to find paypal...
good luck!
rgds Robert