How long would it take to get from the Audi Shipping port Germany

madalex

S3-less untill December
Reaction score
My car is at the german port where they get shipped to grimsby , How long do u recon it would take to ship this distance .

Cheers

A few days I bet.

Are you sure its at a port in Germany? Looking at a map it would be easier to transport it further west on land, parhaps into France, but I guess its whatever works out the cheaper option.

so jealous your S3 is on its way. I'm desperately trying to hold off from ordering mine until xmas! :respekt:

any one know any more ? like where they ship from , and howw longggg ? thanks alex

If it's waiting at the German port then first off it's going to have to wait for the next ship, think they do two crossings per week. Then it needs to be transported to your dealer, then the dealer needs to do all the paperwork and prep and PDI the car.

You're looking at a couple of weeks from where it is to collection I reckon.

Any one else have any ideas ????? please help me out im killing for this car

My car was "awaiting ship" for a week and a half. Dealer promised to call me once it was in the UK, but didn't.

Took 2 weeks in total from first finding out it was awaiting ship to actually being able to collect it.

I have to say that it would be nice if Audi could have some kind of Amazon style "Where's my stuff?" section on their website so you could track the progress of you vehicle from ordering to pickup. It shocking that you are better informed about a £3 book than you are for whats probably the second most expensive thing you own.

any one else had any audi delivery experiances ?

Hmm where is the German port? I could pop over and take a pic for you Madalex :icon_thumright:

staz1000 said:
Hmm where is the German port? I could pop over and take a pic for you Madalex :icon_thumright:

i really dont know , omg i wish you could take a pic, is there any one you could ask to find out :):) pleasee , lol

The cars are driven on to what is basically a car ferry - no containers involved. They go from Ingolstadt to the port by train.

I think Audi use the port of Bremen, but I'm not sure on that one.

Firstly, you really don't want a picture of it in transit, it'll be covered in the heavy duty shipping wax stuff they use to protect it, together with protective vinyl sheets so it won't look all nice and shiny.

Secondly, why are you so desperate? If this is a new car order then you must have already waited a couple of months, what difference does another two weeks make. I understand you want the car as soon as poss but it'll get here when it gets here and nothing will change that so you might as well chill :)

Anyone know what happened to him ?

He used to be on here a fair bit seem to remember he was having problems after he had Revo puit on ?

madalex said:
any one else had any audi delivery experiances ?

My car was built week commencing 20 August and it was delivered to me from the dealer in Scotland on 24 September.

My A3 SE was ordered in November, built first week of February and a call from the dealer yesterday said it was in the UK but not with them yet :) :)