Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    6th Gear

Status

A3 has gone for its 1st service......

Dropped the A3 off at Macclesfield Audi for its first service, its done 19300 miles and its popping up saying its due a service in 200miles time.

After the good comments about Macc Audi i decided to use them instead of Crewe Audi who are 2miles from me (Macc Audi is 28miles away).

They have given me a lovely 57 plate A4 Avant S-Line 2.0TDi 170bhp as courtesy car. Got Sat Nav, half leather and alcantara seat and loads of other stuff so its loaded up properly!

I'll let you guys know what the price is for the service and what the customer service is like.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Ouch the bill came to £279.20!!

Lab was £156.00

Oil - £61.56!

But there is an issue on whether i have got free servicing on the car, the service adviser called up the car's details on the computer and it was listed that i got free servicing till 11/2008 but they need to check with Audi UK that the offer is transferable as i bought the car 2nd hand.

So i am awaiting a call tomorrow for them to see what the deal is.

Customer service was great at the dealers, no problems whatsoever, i did ask for someone to look at the creaking drivers lefthand bolster and they messed with the leather and it was ok for 5miles and the next right hand corner i went around the creaking was back!!!! ARSE!!!

6th Gear

Status
    oh also had the ECU update on the car, removed the Blufin before hand, gotta get superchips to sort me out with another code now. car feels dead without the remap, so many flatspots!

5th Gear

Status
    19k before its 1st service on 2.0T must be a record!
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

4th Gear

Status
    I'm on near 14k on my 2.0 TDI and no service due yet. Bit worried about that.
    Thought of going to Macclesfield for it's service, they were good when I viewed a car there a few months back, miles better service than Gilders in Sheffield.
    Ex 2006 A3 2.0 TDI owner

2010 Polo GTI 6R

VAGOwners.co.uk

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinA3
    Ouch the bill came to 279.20!!

Lab was 156.00

Oil - 61.56!
    That sounds really expensive, then I thought back. My last car, an Ibiza FR TDi, had to be serviced every 10k miles, and cost me about 150/160 each time, so works out about the same really when you look at it like that. Hopefully my TDi A3 will go for a similar distance before needing a service.
    Audi A3 S-Line 2.0TDi DSG in Dolphin Grey - Click here for pics
    Leather Seats - Symphony III - Full Leather - Light/Rain Sensors - Cruise Control - Storage/Luggage Packs - Electric folding/auto diming mirrors - Parking Sensors - Armrest

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by d3fy
    19k before its 1st service on 2.0T must be a record!
    just looked at the service book, seems like it had an oil change at 5500miles when it was part exchanged so its 14k miles not 19k miles.

3rd Gear

Status
    The price isn't out of all reason. I got a variety of quotes back in March when mine was due. AVS Servicing - Post your quotes and dealers here. They'll have changed the pollen filter too which is about a 20-30 job.

A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line

Gone...and quite quickly forgotten

1st Gear

Status
    Dropped the A3 off at Macclesfield Audi for its first service, its done 19300 miles and its popping up saying its due a service in 200miles time.

After the good comments about Macc Audi i decided to use them instead of Crewe Audi who are 2miles from me (Macc Audi is 28miles away).

They have given me a lovely 57 plate A4 Avant S-Line 2.0TDi 170bhp as courtesy car. Got Sat Nav, half leather and alcantara seat and loads of other stuff so its loaded up properly!

I'll let you guys know what the price is for the service and what the customer service is like.
    You should of gone to Crewe Audi instead as they are much better. When you visit your dealer again go there and ask for Tony West to work on your car, he is excellent.
    Last edited by Audimad; 20th September 2007 at 18:00.

RS-one day soon!!

Status
    I'll be going to macc audi for a service although gilders sheffield is only a couple of miles away I've never rated or heard any good reports about them, my sportback came from macc audi and they were very good as far as customer service goes.
    Martin.

5th Gear

Status
    Oh everyone hates Gilders, they must be really proud.

5th Gear

Status
    just looked at the service book, seems like it had an oil change at 5500miles when it was part exchanged so its 14k miles not 19k miles.
    Did well to get to 14, think mine did 10k