RNS-E for A3, compatibility question

sijones

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was wondering, are all the RNS-E's the same or is there different ones. When i look on ebay some are saying this years model, some are a bit older but with the "2007" DVD nav..

So will they all go in my A3 "2004", do i need a certain year... and if not is there any extra features getting the latest model???

Cheers for any help.

Si

The 2007 DVD probably referes to the latest map disk. Check out this link and the site in general for all the info you need.

sijones said:
Hello all,

I was wondering, are all the RNS-E's the same or is there different ones. When i look on ebay some are saying this years model, some are a bit older but with the "2007" DVD nav..

So will they all go in my A3 "2004", do i need a certain year... and if not is there any extra features getting the latest model???
Any RNS-E with prefix 8P0 will fit all years of 8P A3/S3.

Once you've inserted the 2007 DVD it will update the software to version 0550 and you'll have the latest software (and working TMC).

So long as you get the 2007 DVD I don't see any point in paying more...

Some older ones however apparently take longer to boot up and load the mp3's from the SD cards, get a version K or sooner to be on the safe side!