How to change oil filter on 2.0TDI?

alfiejts

Reaction score
Having bought 5L of 507.00 spec oil and a filter from Partco for just £15.50, I'm going to do an "unnecessary" intermediate oil change on my 2.0 TDI.

Surprise though was that the replacement oil filter is just an internal element and o-ring, rather than the usual complete metal cannister.

Can someone please tell me where the oil filter housing is on the 2.0TDI engine and whether there is anything special I need to know about swapping the element before I start the job?

Thanks.

You need to remove the plastic engine cover to gain access to the
filter housing on the front of engine.
A 32mm socket is required to undo the top of the housing.just unscrew and the filter should pull off.Relace 'o' ring.
You will have to remove the undershield to get to the sump plug.(Torx bolts)

Thanks Scott. Just finished the job.....

Can't believe I've just got 4.5litres of 507.00 longlife spec oil for just 11.75 inc vat......

i didnt have a 32mm socket :( had to use a hammer and a big screwdriver and hit the lid from the side to loosen the filter lol worked a treat!

Me neither....

I used an adjustable wrench, on the flats of the 32mm moulding, vertically from above and twisted the cover open using that.

A4 2.0TDI THINKING OF DOING THE SAME,ON THE UNDER SIDE OF THE FILTER HOUSING ALSO SEE A COVER,HAVE i GOT SAME HOUSING AS THE A3